(Photo via Unsplash.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published on the site; it’s meant to live in your inbox.
It’s the calm before the storm, people. By this time next week you’ll most likely be knee deep in cranberry sauce, clutching your beer as Aunt Candy and Uncle Jim corner you with stories of their most recent bird-watching excursion in exquisitely slow detail.
So enjoy this week of pre-holiday madness. Revel in the silence. Soak up the moments when no one is asking why you haven’t had kids yet. And of course, take some time to search for that perfect tech career opportunity. We’ve got some gems for you below.
Center-city based Guru just launched a new voice recognition feature on its AI-driven team knowledge platform. The Guru AI Suggest Feature uses artificial intelligence to help professionals become more effective, rather than using AI to replace their jobs. Aww, see, isn’t it nice when people and robots put aside their differences and work together? Become one with the bots — apply for a gig at Guru here.
In “brilliant products we wish were around when we lived with our parents,” Lia Diagnostics just earned $2.6 million in venture capital for its revolutionary flushable pregnancy test. The women-led team is in the process of bringing its plastic-free test to the consumer market. If creating better products for women and the earth is your jam, stay up-to-date on job openings or reach out to the Lia Diagnostics team here.
Project managers, put one of these on your to-do list:
- Custom software developer PromptWorks is looking for a Senior Software Project Manager. You bring Agile experience to the table, PromptWorks brings the ergonomic seating. Win win.
- Engine Room is hiring a Project Manager to serve as the point of contact for clients.
- Adtech company Vistar Media seeks an engineering Project Manager passionate about “greasing the wheels of productivity.” So pull on those coveralls and show ‘em you’re not afraid to get greasy.
A few careers for the engineers:
- Motorcycle eCommerce retailer RevZilla is looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer with experience on Docker/Kubernetes infrastructure platforms. Don’t be shy—share that GitHub URL of yours. RevZilla is into it.
- ShopRunner is hiring a Lead Software Engineer. Beyond providing generous parental leave and ample room for upward mobility, they also provide robust snacks. A ‘lil something for everyone.
- IntegriChain seeks a Data Scientist willing to “boldly go where no IntegriChain data-focused resource has gone before.” Maybe bring a compass?
For pros ready to step it up a notch, allow us to show you in something in a director-level position:
- The Barnes Foundation is hiring a Director of Information Technology Operations.
- IntegriChain is looking for a Director of Advisory Services, Managed Markets.
- Senior Data Engineer, Accolade
- Interactive Designer/Front-end Developer, Munroe Creative Partners
- Product Designer, Perpay
- Senior Software Engineer, Test, Practice (Instructure)
- Software Developer 2, Almac Group
Thanks for joining us this week, friends! Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Recognition for women in tech, jobs for all
This Week in Jobs: The Blockbuster of career newsletters
All of your employees are brand ambassadors. Yup, even the unhappy ones
How this Vistar Media software engineer succeeds on an ‘inclusive team’
Philly tech companies are trying these 4 strategies to bridge the gender gap
Philly’s tech industry added 8,000 new jobs since 2013
Tech execs: Here’s how you can make layoffs a less traumatic experience
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia