Student entrepreneurship directors, unite!
For the first time, nearly a dozen of them got together at Venturef0rth last month to discuss how to make the Philly region “a strong entrepreneurship destination for college students,” Drexel’s entrepreneurship director Chuck Sacco told us. They were also looking ahead to the United Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship conference, which Philly is hosting in January 2017.
The university entrepreneurship scene has started to work more hand in hand with the broader technology community, as notable leaders like Ellen Weber, Zoe Selzer and Sacco have taken positions at universities.
Below, find a list of what they plan to focus on and who attended, as provided by Sacco.
- A regional business plan competition
- Encouraging and supporting the Start. Stay. Grow. initiative
- Better sharing of information about each university’s programs and events
- Sharing success stories, resources and tools
- Expanding the network of schools involved
- Chuck Sacco (Drexel)
- Ellen Weber (Temple)
- Robert McNamee (Temple)
- II Luscri (Villanova)
- Jill Anick (Wharton)
- Valentina Goutorova (Wharton)
- Feridoon Aryani (Neumann)
- Linda Ross (Rowan)
- Neil Kleinman (University of the Arts)
- Stefanie Spatola (University of Delaware)
- Shintaro Kaido (Drexel Ventures)
- Zoe Selzer of Philadelphia University was invited but couldn’t make it