More than 60 businesses, startups and organizations will be at this jobs fair on Tuesday, Feb. 10 at Union Transfer.
They’ll be hiring.
Students and recent grads can attend for free.
(And if you’re not a student, it’s only $10.)
Here are the perks included with the price of admission:
- Dev workshops: Hear advanced discussions on Python and Backbone.js and learn to build accessible websites. Workshop discussions lead by Tom Panzarella of the Philadelphia Python Users Group, Jide Osan of Squareknot and LeeAnn Kinney of Girl Develop It.
- Inspiration: Kick off the day with a talk on how to start a career in dev from Mike Matranga of Tonic Design. (He would know: he used to be a cell phone salesman.)
- Professional development workshops on:
- Optimizing your LinkedIn, with Chris Burns of InternU.
- Closing the gender gap, with Leslie Chapman, a software engineer at Comcast. Discuss the current state of women in STEM fields in the U.S.; explore techniques to ensure a successful transition through hiring and onboarding; and talk about how to ensure future success through giving back and inspiring other women.
- Negotiating compensation, with Anthony Gold.
- How to ace an interview, with Nick Shiftan of Curalate.
- Head shots: By professional photographer Neal Santos.
- Resume reviews: By InternU.
- Happy Hour: If you’re over 21, you get a free drink ticket. Everyone gets snacks.
- Networking: Connect with fellow job seekers and recent graduates. Also meet potential employers, collaborators and cofounders.
Check out these photos from last year’s NET/WORK: