More than 15 speakers covering topics at the intersection of social change and innovation will give lightning talks on Saturday.
The event, called Hack Our City, will be held at 10 N. Charles St. from 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
It’s free to attend.
After speakers are finished, attendees will have a chance to share their ideas and participate in a conversation around the area that the presenters addressed.
Ben Jealous, the former president and CEO of the NAACP, will give the keynote address. Jealous is currently a partner in Kapor Capital, a VC firm that focuses on social impact tech companies.
Here are the rest of the speakers:
- Aisha DeCosta, IamOKah
- Celia Neustadt, Inner Harbor Project
- Clyde Harris, Newborn Hollistic Ministries
- Chris Wilson, Barclay Development Corp.
- Darius Graham, Social Innovation Lab, Johns Hopkins University
- David Harris, Reconstruct and Rebuild
- Jess Gartner, Allovue
- Joshua Harris, Haris Branding/Hollis Market Placemaking
- Laura Law, Youth Empowered Society
- Lydell Henry, Beat the Streets Baltimore
- Merrick Moise, Groundswell
- Meryam Bouadjemi, documentary filmmaker
- Michael Franklin, Safe Space for All
- Pres Adams, Impact Hub Baltimore
- Vanessa Burnett, Planned Parenthood