(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
“Now there’s a house with an aesthetic”
The home features coffins, guillotine art and a fake hearse — we guess for folks who truly plan to make this their forever home. Believe it or not, this is “neutralized” compared to before the seller hired his real estate agent.
Try setting one of these pics as your Zoom background to give your coworkers something to talk about in your next meeting.
Hiring is great — it means the money is flowing and your company is growing. But how will all those hires shape your company’s culture? All through March, Technical.ly explored the theme of Growth Companies. To wrap up the month, we asked our Talent Pro clients — many of them growth companies themselves — how they’ve maintained culture during high-growth phases. Here’s what they said.
Working tech-parents have a new home in Baltimore: Parent-friendly Cube Cowork — featuring babysitters and a staffed play area (for the kids, not for you) — has taken over a 15,000-square-foot space in Northeast Baltimore.
A D.C. startup is helping small businesses crosspost on ecommerce marketplaces. Vendoo allows small business owners to sell, organize and manage inventory across multiple marketplaces — helping ease daily pain points of millions of sellers.
- LookThink is hiring a User Experience Architect. It’s seeking applicants with a “natural, analytical way of thinking.”
- Optoro, working to reduce waste from retail returns, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- The self-driving startup Argo AI is looking for an Operations Lead. Ask if they’ll pick you up for the interview.
- Truebill is hiring a Senior Full-Stack Engineer.
- SmartLogic in Baltimore is seeking a Sales Engineer.
- Protenus in Baltimore is looking for a Customer Solutions Engineer.
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore is hiring a Computer Support Technician. Looks like the fishes use both Mac and PC.
- 2U — me? — is seeking a Data Scientist in Lanham.
- Axios in Arlington is hiring a Technical Project Manager.
- ID.me — U? — is seeking a DevOps Engineer.
- The consulting firm Parenthetic in Arlington is looking for a Software Engineer (ML).
- Restless Labs is hiring a Senior React Developer.
- PetDesk is seeking a Remote DevOps Engineer.
- Tendo is looking for a Full-Stack Principal Software Engineer.
Speaking of unusual home decor — count one for the Decepticons. A Georgetown homeowner is being forced to take down the Autobot sculptures that stand sentry on the sidewalk outside. Now’s your chance to check them out before they roll out.
Good luck out there on the job hunt!
This Week in Jobs DMV: Popping Bottles Edition
This Week in Jobs DMV: Love-o-motion Edition
Power Moves: DC Fiscal Policy Institute and WireWheel have new execs
Pie Insurance raises $118M Series C, with plans to keep hiring lots of tech talent
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc