(Gif via Giphy.com)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Welcome to Jurassic Parking
TWIJ is living in 3020: We’ve got GIFs. And to celebrate our push to the future, we’re taking things prehistoric.
Dinosaurs and volcanoes have taken over the parking lot at RFK Stadium in D.C. For $49 a car — or better yet, a Jeep Wrangler — take a self-guided safari past spinosauri and, for some reason, megalodons. You’ll need to supply your own roars, as high-pitch squeaks from the silent dinos betray a need for WD-40.
In spite of COVID, life, uh, finds a way to get us out of our houses — and provide much-needed breaks from those cover letters. Hopefully it’ll have you feeling:
Learn how to make your organization mission-driven: ADVANCE, from Technical.ly’s sister site Generocity, is returning for its second annual conference, featuring the ideas, organizations and professionals that drive smarter impact. Featured speakers and panelists will explore how they tackle today’s toughest challenges, with a particular focus on this year’s theme, “Resilience and Recovery.” Learn more and register for the free virtual event here.
The election is (finally!) over. So what does President-elect Joe Biden’s win mean for Maryland’s economy? Technical.ly’s Stephen Babcock talked with expert economists about the implications of a divided government in D.C., recovery from COVID-19 and the financial crisis, and the implications for businesses across the DMV.
Cue up some Rhythm Heritage and loosen those fingers: With companies working remotely for the foreseeable future, a Maryland business group launched a Cyber SWAT Team to combat the ne’er-do-wells of the cyber world. The team manages a free incident assistance hotline for businesses struck by digital bad actors. If only the hold music could match the legendary ‘70s theme song.
- Ordway is hiring a Full-Stack Developer. Or, after lunch, a Full Stack Developer.
- Fifth Tribe is seeking a Software Tester.
- Industry Drive is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- The Baltimore City Office of Information & Technology is hiring a System Integration Developer.
- Full Circle in Baltimore is seeking a Software Tester. Something that the IT team at Jurassic Park could’ve used. (See? Full circle.)
- Spaaace: The Space Telescope Science Institute is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
- Eccalon in Hanover is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Axios in Arlington is hiring a Director of Engineering.
- Axios is also seeking an Engineering Manager.
- ManTech — the company that sounds like you gotta say it with your chest — is looking for a Software Developer.
- Vampires need not apply: Bimble Solar is hiring a Remote PHP OpenCart Web Developer.
- GCM Grosvenor is seeking a Remote .NET Software Engineer.
That’s it! Hopefully you won’t see your company’s IT infrastructure at Jurassic Quest (you know, because the tech is prehistoric). Good luck out there on the job hunt and stay safe!
Reston’s ScienceLogic closed a $105M Series E funding round
This Week in Jobs DMV: Free Trees Edition
Shorties Roundup: More workers in DC now qualify to get the coronavirus vaccine
This Week in Jobs DMV: Sweet Tooth Edition
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc