The Baltimore City Office of Information and Technology (BCIT is seeking a System Integration Developer. This person will have a breadth of expertise, skills and experience to develop solutions and enhancements for ERP integration. You will be asked to bring your knowledge of technology to complex problems, as well as to develop elegant solutions delivered effectively to the business partners and who use them. Be ready to demonstrate how your programs are delivered effectively, on time, on budget and with maximum impact to the business.
- Responsible for providing technical knowledge and expertise related to integration requirements
- Validate that the environments can support all integrations
- Develop and document requirements and functional specifications of the ERP integration to develop test conditions, conduct acceptance testing, and implement solutions
- Develop integrations between new or existing systems, both internal and external
- Develop ERP custom reports and enhancements
- Develop and execute unit and system test plans
- Drive cross team design and development via technical leadership and mentoring
- Help troubleshoot issues and processes, and aggressively drive toward resolutions
- Integration Admin, owns the integration after it is migrated to production, they run it, own event history, initial troubleshooting of issues that may arise, and should be the schedule owner of the integrations.
- The first point of contact for issues raised by a user related to an integration event
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of security groups and roles and assignment of those roles
- Understanding of system architecture components in a multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to function effectively with minimal supervision in a high-demand environment
- Well-versed in Agile development methodologies including Scrum best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong creativity, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Adapt to change effectively, always mindful of technology, business processes, and systems
- A collaborative team player with patience, understanding, flexibility and a good sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Four (4) years of programming experience
- Four (4) years of experience with XML and XSLT