Genspace is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting citizen science and access to biotechnology. Since 2009 we have served the greater New York area by providing educational outreach, cultural events, and a platform for science innovation at the grassroots level.
In December 2010 we opened the first-ever community biotechnology laboratory, a Biosafety Level One facility in Brooklyn, New York, where we offer hands-on courses to the public, provide extracurricular experiences for students, and encourage scientific entrepreneurship, particularly in the fields of molecular and synthetic biology. As a community-based lab, we offer members the unique opportunity to work on their own projects and experience the joy and wonder of science firsthand.
Technical.ly Coverage (30 posts)
- Looking for something new? These 5 startups are hiring this week
- From the front lines of the CRISPR debate
- Cool talk alert: CRISPR documentarians to speak at Genspace
- Cool talk alert: Epigenetics and what genes can’t tell us
- Tech jobs this week: Genspace, Gimlet, Brenmiller Energy
- Cool talk alert: Genomics for Earth, Mars and beyond