The verdict is in: DC-area companies have moxie.
Sixteen local businesses were announced as 2021 Moxie Award winners last week. The awards, which are in their fourth year, honor companies, nonprofits and associations for their “boldness in business.”
The 16 winners were selected from 125 finalists making moves in the ecosystem. Finalists were evaluated on innovation, growth, industry leadership, community service and local achievements. Verasolve, CYwP Fund, NFP, Baker Tilly, GovTech and Cushman & Wakefield sponsored the awards.
“Over the five years since the Moxie Award began, we have received hundreds of impressive award entries from the DC area’s most innovative companies. 2021 was no exception, and especially over the last year, many companies demonstrated how much moxie they really do have,” said Katie Jordan, chair of Moxie, in a statement. “After careful review and evaluation by a panel of third-party judges, this year’s 16 winners stood out among their competition for demonstrating exemplary innovation, growth and resilience, industry leadership, community service, and local achievements.”
Here’s who took home the gold:
- Association & Nonprofit: PenFed Foundation
- Business Services: Alliance Material Handling
- Construction & Real Estate: Merritt Properties
- Consumer Services: CertifiKID
- Cybersecurity: Stage 2 Security
- Financial Services: Goodworld
- GovCon (under 50 employees): Architechture Solutions
- GovCon (50-99 Employees): B&A
- GovCon (100-299): Nolij Consulting
- GovCon (300-plus employees): IT Coalition
- Healthcare & Biotech: American Gene Technologies
- Professional Services: Eagle Hill
- Software: Decision Lens
- Tech Company: Myriddian
- Tech Company(under 50 employees): GiveCampus
- Women-Owned: Arlo Solutions
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.