The companies featured below are NET/WORK 2021 sponsors. The article was not reviewed before publication.
Earlier this year, Technical.ly hosted NET/WORK, a virtual job fair featuring technologists and hiring orgs from across the mid-Atlantic region. Over 800 attendees stopped by, visited company booths and chatted with reps about open roles and workplace culture.
Throughout the day, we also held several “Culture Shoutout” video sessions, where Technical.ly CEO Chris Wink conducted quick live interviews with team members from some of the exhibiting companies, diving into the details of what it’s like to work there and why jobseekers should want to apply.
Check out the videos below, and if you like what you see, be sure to click through to learn more and browse available job openings.
- Cloud governance software company with office in Fulton, Maryland and 50+ employees
- The geographically distributed team prioritizes collaboration, using Zoom, Slack and Donut to stay in touch, work together and have fun, especially as the company has increased remote hiring during the pandemic.
- cloudtamer.io also engages in local charity activities, including donations and volunteer efforts, like (pre-pandemic) participating in park cleanups.
- Global media and technology giant headquartered in Philadelphia
- Working at Comcast, employees have the opportunity to drive innovation and create new technologies on a large scale, impacting millions of customers every day.
- The team emphasizes diversity of thought and background, encouraging employees to bring their authentic voices to conversations around how to make Comcast’s products and services create the best customer experiences.
- Team members are also supported by robust mentorship programs and employee resource groups.
- IoT device management platform based in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia
- The company culture is focused around respect and support, and is especially welcoming of career changers.
- Stratis engineers work in two-week Agile sprints, although there is flexibility and space to pivot goals if necessary.
- Ambitious learners will catch the attention of hiring managers, as the company wants to look at “not just where you are but where you could be.”
- Experience design and software development firm with offices in Philadelphia, Conshohocken and Denver
- The team places a focus on continuous growth and knowledge-sharing, with lunch-and-learns, workshops and a series of “Design Dig” deep-dive convos.
- While the work is client- and project-based — taking a consultancy approach and partnering closely — work-life balance is prioritized, with clear boundaries and respect for employees’ time.
- Designers and technologists of all stages and backgrounds are welcome, including recent college and bootcamp graduates as well as more experienced professionals.
- Parent company of fashion and lifestyle brands Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Free People and Nuuly with a dog-friendly HQ campus in Philadelphia’s Navy Yard
- Technologists have opportunities to work on ecommerce, web development, mobile development, UX design, product management and more across all URBN brands, impacting millions of customers’ experiences.
- Workers have the trust, autonomy and ability to develop processes and best practices for themselves in their own roles.
- URBN looks for creative, entrepreneurial and passionate candidates who are eager to both learn and teach.
Looking for the perfect fit? You can explore career opportunities at more hiring companies here, and find more roles every day on the Technical.ly job board.
You can also get a fresh batch of jobs delivered to your inbox each week with our This Week in Jobs newsletter — subscribe here.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.