Like it or not, Thanksgiving weekend means holiday shopping.
Forget about lining up at Best Buy after the turkey dinner or refreshing Amazon for lightning deals. Technical.ly’s holiday gift list, as usual, is focused entirely on locally made gifts you can order online or buy in person on Small Business Saturday (Nov. 25).
This year, we’re breaking it down into three categories: memberships, online ordering and shops to hit on Small Biz Saturday.
- For the history lover on your list, the Delaware Historical Society is having a one-day Black Friday 10% off sale on all membership levels. You’ll see sale pricing on its membership page on Nov. 24.
- Also on Black Friday, a limited number of Wilmington Brew Works’ “Cellarman’s Circle” membership go on sale on Nov. 24 at the taproom and online on Cyber Monday. Members receive the 2024 WBW beer stein, discounts and access to the private Facebook group.
- A membership with Theatre N include two regular tickets, two BOGO tickets, two special screening tickets, access to members only screenings and a sweet Theatre N sticker.
View this post on Instagram
- Crooked Hammock in Middletown offers a “Backyard Beer Club” that includes year-round access to rare beer releases, one four-pack a month, swag and VIP events, including the Members Only Year End Party, plus a bottle of their Bourbon Barrel-Aged S’more Cowbell Russian Imperial Stout.
- Kash Collections is a supercute online shop by “Texan in Delaware” Kassandra Ashley that sells all kinds of handcrafted gift items, including jewelry, candles and cards.
@originalkashcollections Jewelry from your widest dreams 🌙🧸🎀 All items named after 1898 (Taylor’s Version). All handcrafted. All picked out by me in NYC. Free shipping over $75 at originalkashcollections.com . #1989 #originalkashcollections #delawaresmallbusiness #newcollection #shopifystore #onlineboutique #handcraftedjewelry ♬ son original – 🎧
- If someone on your gift list is obsessed with those jar candles from the mall, give them a local upgrade with a candle of gift set from Henlopen Candle Works. Their “Bethany Beach Breeze” scent will get your upstate beach friends through the long winter.
- For friends who love to cook, Ken-Do Spice (a Wilmington Kitchen Collective startup) offers locally blended spice mixes, including BBQ Bomb and Ocean’s Essence.
- Want more spice? Rhythm and Heat, another Wilmington Kitchen Collective startup, has a selection of spice, savory and sweet blends. Pick it up at Grace Church in Wilmington.
- For your relative who still calls Walgreens Happy Harry’s: a “Forever Happy” sticker from noshooe on Etsy. Also from noshooe: a glow-in-the-dark “Delaware Exists” sticker.
- For the friend you met working at Grotto’s, a Grotto Pizza ornament from Jawnaments (which is technically from PA, but the shop sells lots of Delaware items).
- For the surf fisher on your list, IslandGirlDSign on Etsy has signs, a pillow and a tote bag emblemized with an image of the Delaware Surf Fishing Vehicle permit.
- For your favorite Delaware “statetriot,” there’s lots to choose from on the 302Life online shop.
Small Business Saturday
More than anything, SBS is about supporting the small businesses that are in your neighborhood, so you don’t really need a list — but here are a few places we wanted to spotlight this year:
- Huxley and Hiro, the long-anticipated downtown Wilmington bookstore, opened just in time for holiday shipping. It’s located at 419 N. Fourth St.
- Trolley Square Market on the second level of the Trolley Square Shopping Center is cozy with unique items — just the place for after-Thanksgiving shopping. Ten percent of the shop’s proceeds in November will go to Harper’s Heart.
- We all know Flowers by Yukie on Union Street in Wilmington does amazing flower arrangements, but the shop also has a unique selection of gifts
View this post on Instagram
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.