Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ (“twidge”) here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s the last one we published on the site (it’s meant to live in your inbox).)
Thanks! — @zackseward
Doobie Doobie Doo
Channelling his inner high-school senior, tech mogul Elon Musk just got slapped with a bill for the most expensive tweet in history. Overly excited by his recent foray into the underbelly of marijuana culture, Musk misled investors about the company’s stock price in order to impress a girl with the world’s most basic stoner joke.
In addition to paying a $20 million fine to the SEC for securities fraud, Musk also stepped down as chairman of the board at Tesla. So, that job’s open. But if you’re not ready for a role that actually includes reining in a billionaire’s highly questionable Twitter usage, keep reading until you find something that lights you up like Musk on 420.
Just call us Miley Cyrus, because we can’t stop, folks. Our next fall networking event is upon us, this time in Paoli, Pa. NET/WORK Suburbs, our annual tech job fair, will take place Wednesday, Oct. 17 at Turn5’s rad 90,000-square-foot headquarters. There will be bowling. There will be (free) professional headshots. And most importantly, there will be epic levels of networking that only Technical.ly can offer.
A hiring blitz is a-comin’. Medical software company Proscia just raised $8.3 million in Series A funding to triple the size of its team. The Center City-based startup makes artificial intelligence software for digital pathologists, currently in use by some 300 clinical and research facilities to “improve the way cancer is researched, diagnosed, and ultimately treated.” Stay tuned for openings as they pop up here.
Doth thou love biker gear? RevZilla doth, that’s for sure. The motorcycle ecommerce retailer hosted a Renaissance-themed bash in honor of its annual, week-long “Zillapalooza” celebration. In true Renaissance fashion, staffers dined on a whole roast pig and watched leadership engage in a joust. The company also used the event to reflect on its ten years in business, and looked toward a future of enhanced customer service and personalization. Prithee wait while we fetch you some RevZilla job listings. Huzzah!
Ops and PM pros, check these out:
- Cloud hosting platform Linode is hiring an Information Security Engineer whose “reason for living is to prepare and defend a fleet of servers.” So don’t worry about coming off overly passionate in your interview. Linode digs it.
- Azavea seeks a Project Manager. The company has built mobile and web geospatial data applications for orgs like NASA.
- Fintech startup Perpay is looking for a recent grad who’s a stickler for details to become its Operations Specialist.
Devs, look no further:
- Chariot Solutions is hiring Scala Developers. Reminder: you’ll be building software, not horse-drawn carriages. We just like to help manage expectations.
- Investment firm Stevens Capital Management LP is looking for a C++ Developer with Linux experience.
- Weblinc is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to work on it’s WorkArea software platform. Curious? Check out the tech here.
Unique job alert:
- The Philadelphia Media Network — aka: mama bear to local new faves like the Inquirer and Philly.com — is hiring a Senior News Developer to form the hottest new collab since Kanye and sparkling water with the organization’s Innovation Editor.
The Bits and Pieces
- Infrastructure Engineer, Temple University Library
- Senior Android Engineer, CardConnect
- Digital Creative Director, Hero Digital
- Inside Sales Exec, Enterprise Software, Deacom
- Lead Data Scientist, Red Spark
Don’t forget to register for NET/WORK Suburbs on Oct. 17. And say no to drugs. Or at least refrain from tweeting about them.
Thanks for joining us this week, folks. We appreciate you. See you in a week!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.