Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- If Comcast can’t make it in the wireless biz, who can? [Gigaom]
- New in Your Wireless Store: The Cable Guy [Media Decoder: New York Times] — “A pending $3.6 billion transfer of spectrum between cable companies and Verizon Wireless will give Comcast, the nation’s largest cable company, a presence in select Verizon retail locations. Comcast salesmen will offer Verizon customers special offers on cellphones and other deals if they sign up for Comcast’s Xfinity service.”
- Bloomberg jabs at Comcast on anniversary of NBC deal approval [LA Times: Company Town]
- Verizon, Comcast Send Marketing Deals to FCC in Airwaves Review [Bloomberg]
- VIDEO: Comcast Xfinity Commercials Interrupt Giants Vs. 49ers Game (UPDATED) [Half Smokes] — in D.C. market
- Comcast’s Web-Slinging Set-Top Visits the FCC [Light Reading Cable]
- Comcast patents technology for recommending alternative TV programming to subscribers [FierceCable]
- Sprint, DirecTV ask FCC for Verizon cable deal info [Reuters via Yahoo Finance]
- Comcast & the FCC: Is the secret in their logos? [Philly Tech News] — Noting similarities in their logos
- Comcast Challenges FCC’s Decision on Tennis Channel Complaint [Broadcasting and Cable] — “Cable operator asks commission to reverse the ALJ’s finding that it had discriminated against the channel”
- As Seacrest Makes Deals, a Potential Role on ‘Today’ Still Looms [Media Decoder: New York Times] — More on the Ryan Seacrest negotiations with Comcast
- Comcast Spotlight exec heads to Viamedia [CED] –“Independent cable rep firm Viamedia announced that it has hired Brad Henderson as director of national sales.”
- This Major Catalyst Will Cause Time Warner To Outperform Comcast [TWXNews]
- Comcast Center says Thanks Gary [DC Sports Blog: Washington Post]
- Comcast flipping digital switch [The Post and Courier]
- Comcast Names Amy Lynch as Area Vice President of Comcast California’s Southwest Bay Area [PR Newswire: Sacramento Bee]
- Activists, Comcast tangle over accessiblity of low-income program [NewsWorks]
- Green Your Home with Xfinity Home Security [Comcast Voices] — Still pushing into security systems, seen as a related growth market
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.