(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Go outside, they said.
It’ll be fun, they said.
Hikers in Frick Park late last week snapped a picture of a massive black snake up in a tree, and the city hasn’t been the same since.
The very large snake, which looks straight out of the Amazon, is actually believed to be native to Pittsburgh, said the pros at the Pittsburgh Zoo. Called a Black Rat Snake, this non-venomous reptile poses no threat to humans, but the sight of it sneaking up a tree will haunt your dreams.
So, instead of risking a spook in the great outdoors, why not stay inside, follow the snake on Twitter, and check out the latest job prospects? We promise none of them include snakes.
A hearty welcome to the first cohort of AlphaLab Health, Innovation Work’s new healthcare and life science accelerator.
SAE and Argo AI announced a collaboration to create an autonomous vehicle training program.
You don’t have to travel cross-state to be a part of Philly Tech Week:
- Sign up for Introduced by Techical.ly, a daylong conference on Thursday, May 13 to learn about new ideas, people, and opportunities that can help build better companies.
- Hop online to check out Technical.ly’s annual Developer’s Conference on Tuesday, May 11.
University of Pittsburgh, ExOne and Ansys are creating a sustainable copper filter for PPE to combat COVID-19 and other viruses.
In April, Technical.ly’s taking a look at female founders and funding. The latest coverage reveals that women seeking venture capital have been disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Allegheny Conference on Community Development is hiring a Web Developer.
- Love using data to drive decision-making and marketing? ThermoFisher Scientific is looking for a Digital Marketing Data Analyst.
- Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh is seeking a Web Developer for the Museum of Natural History.
- Innovate the world of sleep and respiratory care through human-centered design. Philips is searching for a Design Strategist.
- Rimsys wants a Sales Development Representative to join its growing sales team.
- Attention Salesforce developers! Panopto is hiring a Senior Salesforce Developer for in-house implementation projects.
- IQ Inc is on the lookout for a Software Engineer with experience in C++, C#, and Java.
- Experienced in agile project management? Pyramid Consulting Group has an immediate need for an Agile Project Manager.
- Laxness Corp is looking for a Senior IT Analyst to work on data and compliance.
- Contribute to AI development in one of the places artificial intelligence was invented: Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science is hiring a Lab Manager for its new AI Maker Space.
- ChemImage Corporation is searching for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist.
- Help improve the Zoom experience. The video conferencing tool is seeking a Database Engineer.
- Microsoft wants a Solutions Architect with a focus on data and AI to join its Pittsburgh team.
- Help combat food insecurity through the power of data. 412 Food Rescue is looking for a Data & Business Performance Analyst.
The Remote Jobs
- Fitty is hiring a Lead Software Developer with a focus on Angular and Ionic.
- Transform the fast food point of sale experience. McDonald’s Corporation is searching for a Senior Software Developer.
- Axios is looking for a Front-End Engineer.
Don’t forget that looking up is just as important as looking down. May your hikes be snake-free this week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: A virtual event we can get behind
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: It’s Gonna Be May
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Weathering the Weather
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Birdwatching
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh