(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Looking at the cargo ship that was stuck in the Suez Canal and thinking, “I can relate?”
We all go through periods of feeling “stuck,” whether it’s in an industry we don’t love, or a career that feels uninspiring.
The trick to un-sticking? Like the cargo ship, it’s good to try different strategies. Reach out to your network for informational interviews, try a new (and wildly unrelated to your career) hobby, and take a gander at new roles. You’ll never know what might help you shake loose.
There’s a little piece of Pittsburgh on the Mars rover Perseverance. A spectroscopy technique developed by a professor at the University of Pittsburgh is analyzing samples on the Red Planet.
The Innovation District commits to “build back better” in partnership with The Global Institute on Innovation Districts.
With the help of the county IT department, the Allegheny County Health Department is launching a newer user-friendly online vaccine registration system.
Pittsburgh is one of the robotics capitals of the world, says Industry Week in a profile of the city’s booming AI and robotics industry.
- Abridge AI is hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer.
- Navigate into the self-driving industry. Argo AI is seeking a Technical Director of Cyber Security.
- 4moms is searching for a Digital Marketing Specialist.
- Join Komodo’s founding team as a Developer.
- CGI is on the lookout for a UI Developer.
- Empower restaurants to connect and serve patrons in new and innovative ways — Table22 wants a Software Engineer to help bring its mission to life.
- Panopto needs a Senior Salesforce Developer.
- Help develop next-generation security technology for online language learning at Duolingo as a Senior Machine Learning Engineer.
- Join the emerging world of fintech with numo. Its flagship application is looking for a Senior Engineer to assist in mobile development.
- OpenArc is seeking a Lead Software Engineer.
- Product Designer alert! LendingHome is simplifying the home loan process and wants a Lead Product Designer to join its Pittsburgh team.
- eNGINE is searching for a Cloud Engineer.
- Make data more accessible at CivicScience as a User Experience Designer.
The Remote Jobs
- Litterati is seeking a Developer Consultant to work on two specialty tools for the company’s dashboard.
- Plan, implement and test custom software with SmartLogic as its newest Mid-Level Developer.
- Cribl is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to specialize in distributed systems.
Stuck or not, we’ll see you next time.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Birdwatching
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Practice Your Elbow Bump
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Can I have my hour back?
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Seasonal Slobbery
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh