Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Like a rolling stone
Delaware is a bit like actress Emma Stone (bear with us here). It pops up in the news now and then, but otherwise keeps a low profile. It has an everlasting coastal beauty, but you know there’s much more going on under the surface. And it has starred in some awesome movies, but never acts like a diva.
At Technical.ly, we cover a great deal of tech and event news in Delaware, but while writing TWIJ we had to ask ourselves, “Have we paid respectable homage to our first state in this here newsletter?” “Nay!” we cried.
Timed to perfection, our own Holly Quinn just wrote about some interesting data on who wants to move to Delaware and why, and it paints a pretty irresistible picture for remote work/life balance. While it’s hard not to ogle over the state’s biggest assets (low taxes and the beach), take a look at the fact that 70% of residents see Delaware as a more attractive state for entrepreneurship or self employment than other states.
Also, fun fact, Stone’s grandmother lived in Delaware once. So … that’s cool.
Linode continues to educate and engage its community through COVID times with its streaming series, Linode Live! Learn more about the series and how to register for the next event — “Learnk8s Lab: Orchestrating microservices workflows in Kubernetes with Zeebe” — on Oct. 29.
Off the Sidelines podcast is back, baby. The investor education podcast — sponsored by Project Entrepreneur, a program by UBS, and hosted by Technical.ly — is kicking off its second season with an episode about how the “network effect maintains racial inequality.” Tune in to hear author Kelly Hoey and venture capitalist Nasir Qadree talk about the investor’s role in networking equality.
- Pinnacle 21 is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager up for the task of shaping the future of its Quality and Compliance systems.
- Linode — yes, of previously mentioned Linode Live! fame — is looking for some exec level talent in the form of a Vice President of Engineering and a Director of Engineering.
- Macquarie is on the prowl for a Senior Front Office Developer to join its NYC team.
- Deacom continues to serve up a hearty platter of jobs, including this one for a Software Implementation Consultant.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer seeks a couple of pros to work on its digital platforms:
- Nividous is hiring a Content Writer with “reasonable” experience in writing techno-commercial content for progressive technologies.
- Cloudtamer.io is hiring a Senior Software Engineer
- Academica Virtual Education is hiring a Remote Full Stack C# .NET Developer
- Planit Advertising, Inc. seeks a Digital Marketing Analyst.
Have a great rest of your week, friends. And don’t forget — you can check out our full job board any time, day or night.
Happy job hunting.
This Week in Jobs Philly: Gigs and giblets for the hungry job hunter
This Week in Jobs PHL: BIGGEST JOB DEALS EVER!!!
The American energy industry needs its disruption moment. Inspire wants to get it there
Through automation and emerging technology, CGI is ushering companies into the digital future
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia