The Philadelphia Inquirer is a public benefit corporation owned by the nonprofit Lenfest Institute for Journalism. Together, we’re at the center of a critical mission to create a lasting future for ambitious, engaging, and useful local journalism. We’re doing this, in part, by deepening our connection with the communities we serve. Our integrated digital and print platforms are the Philadelphia region’s largest media network. We’re passionate about building a sustainable model for indispensable local journalism, and we take pride in finding diverse, dynamic, and talented individuals to help push our team forward.
Using a consultative approach, this selling professional will partner with internal sales teams to secure digital marketing revenue, as part of multimedia agreements, from clients. The strategist will meet and exceed monthly digital goals of the team they support, by facilitating new business and growing existing accounts. This position requires significant virtual interaction with internal teams and clients. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with a strong familiarity and track record of selling the latest digital technology solutions. Quality collaboration with Sales Representatives, Sales Management, and post-sale Client Success group is essential to building long-lasting relationships with our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Support the company’s transformation by injecting digital DNA in the entire go-to-market team
- Support Client Development Representatives in qualifying digital prospects and develop relationships with decision maker(s) of new and existing advertisers
- Drive digital revenue growth to meet and exceed sales goals
- Understand clients’ industries and trends to be conversant in ways to help them grow their business using the company’s advertising and marketing solutions
- Fluent in Inquirer Solutions Group’s digital, traditional and experiential (events) product mix and offerings
- Partner with internal sales team to create custom digital strategies to continuously present clients with best in class digital solutions
- Partner with sales team to conduct comprehensive client needs assessments to create strategic multimedia recommendations for client to implement a measurable and successful advertising/marketing program
- Collaborate with sales leadership in identifying and implementing new business technology and media investment trends
- Coach and train internal sales team and leaders on digital best practices
- Use CRM for all sales activity; process tracking and meet activity standards for calls, meetings, proposals etc. as needed
- Partner with internal client success team while they manage campaigns and interact directly with client, post-sale.
Who We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of digital sales experience with a strong focus on acquisition and retention
- Knowledge of local market area with a track record of reaching or exceeding sales goals
- Possess prospecting, cold calling, and closing skills
- Strong rolodex of contacts among targeted industries
- Client-oriented with strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required
- Understand and demonstrate professionalism and attention-to-detail
- Results-oriented with excellent follow-through
- Team-player who successfully collaborates to meet client’s needs
- Strong negotiating, prioritization, time management, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel, previous CRM experience, as well as ability to learn and utilize new internal and external systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
*We know not everyone reading this will fit exactly what we’ve described. We encourage everyone to apply who shares our passion for indispensable journalism and our drive to create a sustainable business model to support it. As an equal opportunity employer, The Inquirer is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to submit an application, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with special needs*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.