Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published on the site; it’s meant to live in your inbox.
“We will win this game” — Doug Pederson
These are the words the Eagles’ head coach recited throughout the 2017 season while leading the Birds to that big championship win. Now, we have no idea what he’s been saying this year (too much ice cream, perhaps?), but we’re holding onto hope.
What we’re encouraging you, dear TWIJ reader, is to think about your 2019 mantra as you close out 2018. May we suggest: I will upgrade my job in 2019.
As we’re particular about our words here in the newsroom, we want to shift the vernacular surrounding your career navigation. When you scan open jobs you’re not looking to leave your current job — rather, you’re preparing to upgrade your job. Because you shouldn’t sit still.
OK, we promised to keep this short until the new year; pardon the rant. This is our last week for collecting input on TWIJ, so hey, if you have a moment and you haven’t already, help us upgrade TWIJ by taking our five-question survey.
No time for searching? Get MATCHED. Here’s some of what we’re currently looking for:
- Technical.ly MATCH beta is actively seeking the perfect match for a Senior Ruby Engineer. Learn more and apply if you want us to introduce you.
- We’re also seeking a match for a Senior Front End Engineer at a well-funded startup. Sounds like a great opportunity to get in early and make a big impact.
- Event Sales Ambassador — Inspire
- Software Engineer – Python — Linode
- Ruby On Rails Developer for client site implementations — Weblinc
- Project Manager — Vistar Media
Delaware residents and tax-free shopping enthusiasts:
- VP, Kafka Software Engineer — JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Scrum Master — CSC
- User Experience Designer — Chatham Financial
- BI Developer — JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Baltimore Ravens fans:
- Web Developer — 14 West
- Chief Engineer — TrackOFF
- Marketing Intern — SmartLogic
- Full-Stack Developer — Asymmetrik
DC, find yourself with our friends at NAVA, the team who famously repaired HealthCare.gov. Here’s the positions you could play:
- Senior Software Engineer – Promptworks
- Front End Architect – Anexinet
- Data Architect – Revzilla
- Product Designer – Perpay
- Full Stack React Developers – Chariot Solutions
Good luck wrapping up the year. Til next year, happy job hunting!-30-