Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Marketwatch reports that Comcast announced during its 2Q earnings call, the company announced profit declined by nine percent in pursuit of its NBC Universal acquisition but, as the Philadelphia Business Journal highlighted, they beat revenue projections.
- Read a transcript of the call on the Street here.
- Broadcasting & Cable reports disclosure from Comcast that NBCU conditions will continue to affect the telecommunications company’s cash flow. H/T Philly Tech News
Below, ESPN has new reason to battle, how advertising dollars could be worth $10 billion and more.
- Media Post reports that an expected battle between Comcast and ESPN over rights to future Olympic games may be even more competitive knowing that Procter & Gamble, the world’s largest advertiser, which has signed a 10-year international sponsorship deal with the USOC.
- The Inquirer’s Bob Fernandez follows up on reports that @ComcastCares Frank Eliason is leaving Comcast for Citigroup.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- The Wrap reports that Minn. Democratic Senator Al Franken is calling the Comcast-NBC battle as the ‘First Amendment’ issue of our time.
- For their 2Q call coverage, BusinessWeek focuses on the company’s loss of more than a quarter million video subscribers, revenue that was made up by rate increases, pay-per-view orders and more expensive cable packages. BW also features a Q&A format with Comcast Cable chief Neil Smit.
- paidContent reports that Comcast COO Stephen Burke says ‘With NBC, Our Ad Business Will Be Worth $10 Billion.’
GIVE A GLANCE
- Trader Shuddle reports growth in Comcast stock valuation, pushed to a ‘different trading range.’
- The Philadelphia Business Journal reports that a baby recliner designed by Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia front man Leslie Gudel is being voluntarily recalled after reports of an infant death.
- Light Reading reports that Comcast has set free its new video-on-demand platform ‘Project Infinity.’
- Light Reading reports further acknowledgment from Comcast about plans to offer a super fast 105-Mb residential tier internet options. H/T PTN
When there is just too much Comcast news to follow, the Comcast Roundup will be there every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST
Comcast Roundup: An acquisition, layoffs and a DC deal
FCC chairman lays out plans for protecting net neutrality [Comcast Roundup]
Comcast ghostwrote politicians’ letters supporting TWC merger [Comcast Roundup]
How Relay is helping enterprise clients get proactive about customer engagement
Comcast poured concrete for its new tower last weekend [Comcast Roundup]
Comcast says TWC merger is moving ‘full steam ahead’ [Comcast Roundup]
One way the FCC might deal with net neutrality [Comcast Roundup]
These hiring companies want to meet you at NET/WORK Suburbs
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia