Today, April 7, is the newly ordained Great American Buy Local Day, when folks are encouraged to shop at small businesses to support the local economy. This is a tough year for such an event, obviously, with so many out of work and brick-and-mortar non-essential shops closed due to the COVID-19 lockdown — but that’s just the point.
Many of those “nonessential” businesses are still open online, making it possible for people with the means to keep supporting them by way of, say, holiday or birthday gift shopping.
We’ve selected 15 Delaware businesses currently doing ecommerce on Buy Local Day 2020:
- Bel Boutique, Dover (clothing & accessories)
- Boobalicious, Rehoboth Beach (natural deodorant)
- Carry My Own Weight, Wilmington (clothing)
- Devere Sock Company, Wilmington (online clothing store)
- First & Little, Middletown (boutique)
- Gladragdolls, Claymont (handmade dolls)
- ImaniRae Jewelry, (jewelry)
- Juxtamod, Wilmington (children’s clothing)
- Levitea, Wilmington (online tea shop)
- lolahSoul, Wilmington (jewelry)
- Mommy Connection, Wilmington (clothing & accessories)
- Nicole J. Boutique, Middletown (clothing & accessories)
- Suds Bar Soap, Dover (handcrafted soap)
- Wanderin’ Woman Soap and Such, New Castle (handcrafted soap)
- Yarn and Bone, Camden (pet products)
Don’t see your ecommerce biz? Suggest yourself for inclusion at email@example.com.
The Sold Firm’s Nataki Oliver wants Black artists to know their worth
Wilmington makers keep creating as NextFab phases back open
Wilmington office market: Survey says 40% of tenants don’t yet have a reoccupancy plan
Why Mädō Agency’s founder is devoted to helping other creatives of color
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware