(Technical.ly file image)
Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge” — here at Technical.ly). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Dwight: “This morning I knocked myself in the head with the phone.”
Jim: “That actually took a while. I had to put more and more nickels into his handset until he got used to the weight, and then I just took them all out.”
— Dwight K. Schrute and Jim Halpert, The Office
Pranks for nothin’
Well, we hope you got all of your pranks out of your system yesterday, because we have some very serious news.
As part of his passion for Philadelphia and his lifelong yearning to be a mascot, we can finally, exclusively reveal that the man inside the Philly Flyer’s Gritty costume has been Technical.ly’s own CEO, Christopher Wink, all along.
“Nothing brings me greater joy than to feel the soft caress of Gritty’s feathery orange fur against my skin as I skate with abandon across the icy utopia inside the Wells Fargo Center,” said Wink. “The honor of looking out at the city I love through Gritty’s big, beautiful bug eyes is all mine.”
OK fine, so we had one more prank in our system. Chris Wink is not Gritty. Regardless, to us he’ll always be the big, beautiful mascot skating through the halls and hearts of Technical.ly.
Alright, enough with the nonsense. Back to business! Let’s check out the jobs this week!
TWIJ had a baby! Not a prank. While we will continue to publish TWIJ for Philly and Delaware jobseekers as usual, we will now be offering an additional jobs newsletter specifically for our friends in DC, Maryland and Virginia called TWIJ DMV! If you’re still interested in opportunities in Philly/Delaware, you’re in the right place. If you’d also like to subscribe to TWIJ DMV, click here for the localized experience!
You know how frustrating it is when you only overhear one side of a juicy conversation and you’re dying to know what the person on the other end of the line was saying? Now you can. Introducing our new editorial series 1on1 in which two technologists interview each other about programming languages, professional development, team workflows, technical challenges and more. It’s a chance to learn what your peers are doing and thinking as they navigate their way through their technical careers.
And finally, Comcast Labs Connect is kicking off its annual conference series with its first event: Security by the Schuylkill on April 16. Buckle up for some groundbreaking conversation on innovative data security and privacy issues, led by keynote speaker Christin McMeley. Get a sneak peak at her expertise and find out how to register here.
DMV folks: Don’t forget to sign up for our new baby, TWIJ DMV!
- The Philadelphia Orchestra is hiring a Web Manager.
- Penn Mutual is on the hunt for a Software Engineer — Java.
- Pinnacle 21 seeks a Senior Software Engineer.
- PromptWorks is looking for a Senior React Native Engineer.
- Shoprunner is in need of a Senior UI Engineer.
- WebLinc is prowlin’ for an Agile Project Manager.
- Chatham Financial is hiring a Junior Full-Stack Software Developer.
- JP Morgan Chase is seeking a Java Full-Stack Software Engineer.
- M&T Bank is looking for a Lead UX/UI Developer.
- CSC needs a Technical Project Manager.
- WFSF Bank is hiring up a storm with boatloads of technical positions available.
- Hatch Apps is growing and hiring, despite an empty career page. Reach out here and click “Contact Us” to learn more.
- The Washington Post is on the hunt for both a Senior Software Engineer and a Back End Developer/Engineer — ARC Engineering.
- LawIQ is hiring up with a call for an Energy Infrastructure Data Scientist.
- Nava also seeks an Experienced Software Engineer — Back End.
- Asymmetrik is hiring a Front End Developer.
- 14 West is lookin’ for a Junior Database Administrator.
- SmartLogic is prowlin’ for a great Developer.
- Contrast Security seeks a Software Engineer — Java.
- Circonus, Inc is hiring a UI/UX Engineer (REMOTE!).
- 2U needs a Business Intelligence Analyst.
- Capital One is cruisin’ the tech scene for a Technology Program Project Manager.
Upcoming IRL career events
- Phorum 2019 at the SugarHouse Event Center in Philly on April 4. The event brings together startups in emerging technology with C-suite execs to explore the reinvention of enterprises in the digital era.
- Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast is May 3 through 11. It’s a week-long celebration of technology and innovation happening throughout the Greater Philadelphia.
The beauty of pranks is that you can pull them off every day of the year! If you need a little bit of inspiration from the ultimate pranksters, here’s a video collection of every prank Jim pulled on Dwight in “The Office.” Best of luck to you in all your pranking endeavors.
See you next week, friends.
Happy job hunting!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Jobs first. Tequila never again.
This Week in Jobs: Which job will be your first-round pick?
This Week in Jobs: Take your job hunt to the great outdoors
Hear from the privacy pros at Security by the Schuylkill
Google to host free workshops at Delaware Libraries
This Week in Jobs: Like Disney World for tech lovers
This Week in Jobs: Get pumped for a new J.O.B. while bingeing on GoT
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware