Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Gwynnda Take the Wheel
Baltimore has reportedly welcomed its fourth trash wheel to the city’s waterways.
“Gwynnda the Good Wheel of the West” will be collecting garbage at Gwynns Falls, located in the Middle Branch of the Patapsco River, Baltimore Fishbowl reports. The wheel features a grappling arm — or a “wand” — that will help remove logs and other large debris.
Kudos to Gwynnda for taking the initiative to remove the obstacles from her life. Onto the jobs:
For you tech executives out there: Whether you take a stance on combating racial equity, slowing climate change, and addressing other major social issues, you are making a decision. And your workforce is listening. Technical.ly’s Christopher Wink has this deep dive.
Rockville’s own Xometry, which built an on-demand manufacturing marketplace, is going public via SPAC. The firm is seeking to raise $100 million; it apparently saw a 76% jump in revenue last year.
A range of new initiatives in Baltimore are working to bring more equitability to the innovation economy. We look at seven organizations in the region’s tech and entrepreneurship communities.
- Help viewers figure out what to watch now that “Mare of Easttown” is over: Comcast is hiring a Machine Learning Researcher to help improve the cable- and internet-provider’s recommendations and more.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation is seeking a Manager of Web Development and Data Visualization.
- Aerial Applications, making software to rapidly create maps and share those maps collaboratively, is looking for a Principal API Software Engineer.
- The insurtech firm Pie Insurance is hiring a Senior Back-End Engineer.
- Invita Healthcare Technologies in Baltimore is seeking an Associate Product Manager.
- This sounds like a big job: The City of Baltimore is looking for a Director of Technology and Innovation.
- cloudtamer.io in Fulton is hiring a Full-Stack Engineer.
- Homesnap in Bethesda is seeking an Android Developer.
- Axios in Arlington is looking for a Senior Back-End Engineer.
- Fraym in Arlington is hiring a Data Scientist. Applicants should submit their resume with a short statement on “Why Frayme” — not, more intriguingly, “Why, Frayme?”
- SpanishDict in Arlington is seeking a Lead Full-Stack Engineer.
- STRATIS IoT is looking for a Software Developer (React/Redux).
- Listrak is hiring an Associate Software Engineer.
- Spora Health needs a Full Stack Developer.
Gwynnda was reportedly anointed with Old Bay to welcome it (her?) to the trash wheel fleet. We pass no judgment whether you do the same with your resumes.
Good luck out there on the job hunt!