Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Hot! Hot! Hot!
These job listings may be fresh from the oven, but let’s hope this heat wave has finally broken.
Sweltering temperatures last week and through the weekend forced even some dog walkers in D.C. to stay inside. Kudos to you if you were able to take advantage of the extended hours at local pools, dig into the enormous, 100-foot-long ice cream sundae served — when else? — Sunday off U Street, or cool off by contemplating the cold vacuum of space at the Apollo 11 celebration at the Washington Monument.
And if those didn’t do the trick, crank the A/C and stay nice and cool indoors with TWIJ.
If only Bob Loblaw’s Law Blog had this kind of representation. Tech startups across the DMV region now have a legal ally in Nemphos Braue, a “startup sherpa” that’s carved a niche by providing legal advice to entrepreneurs. You worry about securing that Series B, negotiating the rate on that hip new coworking space or simply making the world a better place, George Nemphos and Tim Braue will navigate the legal hurdles.
And for those in the DMV looking to launch the next unicorn, the helpful folks here at Technical.ly have pulled together a rundown of a dozen local organizations helping locals learn to code. From Hear Me Code, Girls Who Code and older sibling Women Who Code, which offer coding classes for women of all skill levels, to Byte Back, which provides a range of career services for adults seeking careers in tech, there’s a seat at the pivot table for everyone.
- CasaOne in D.C. is looking for a “highly empathetic, driven, and intelligent” Operations Associate to help accelerate its growth. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required, but you’ll need to have at least five years in customer service and at least three in operations.
- For you extroverts and storytellers, HiveMapper is hiring a Director of Customer Development, a role that includes plenty of briefings, talks at large conferences and negotiating contracts, plus some travel.
- Nava is seeking an Experienced Software Engineer – Backend.
- SmartLogic is hiring a software sales professional to track down and close sales opportunities as an Account Executive. Bonus points if you have existing relationships with executives at tech startups, as well as at established companies and nonprofits. The company is also seeking to fill the same role in Baltimore (see below).
- GoShare, which is seeking “to own the last-mile delivery of big-box items utilizing the largest network of trucks and vans in the world,” is hiring a Regional Account Manager. This part-time sales position is available in D.C., as well as in Arlington and Bethesda.
- If you’re passionate about food, tech savvy, and hey, “adventurous,” Galley in Baltimore is looking for a Brand Ambassador to help with offline marketing efforts. The position is part-time.
- BurnAlong, a health and wellness tech startup in Baltimore, is seeking an “enthusiastic and ambitious sales star” to hire as a Sales Representative.
- 14 West in Baltimore is hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Java + Apache Spark).
- SmartLogic is hiring an Account Executive in Baltimore. It’s also hiring for the role in D.C. (see above).
- Viget in Durham is looking for a Designer to help “create visually-rich, complex digital experiences and compelling products.”
- MajorClarity in Richmond is hiring a Customer Success Agent for its work with K12 schools to help provide students greater college and career opportunities.
- GoShare is hiring a Regional Account Manager in Arlington and Bethesda. This part-time sales position is also available in D.C.
- If you’re able to take sketch files and convert them into a design that can be implemented into the front-end of an existing SaaS application, DjangoForce is hiring a Vue.js Developer for this short-term project.
- Eagle Creek Software Services is hiring a Remote VLocity Developer.
A quick reminder that Super Meetup season is rapidly approaching! Be sure to sign up soon for the summer’s biggest celebrations of the tech community. Register at the following links for Aug. 1 in Wilmington; Aug. 8 in Baltimore; and Aug. 22 in Philly. D.C.’s Super Meetup has been postponed until September, with more details to follow. See you there!
That’s it! Stay cool out there, and good luck in the job hunt!-30-
This Week in Jobs: Take an innovacation
ICX Media gets new CEO and raises $6.6M in funding
This Week in Jobs: Peace and Love Edition
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
Power Moves: Arcadia Power promotes first COO, Camber Creek taps Mitchell Schear
This Week in Jobs: Free money and free beer edition
How do you create a job that doesn’t exist?
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc