Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Most TV shows have started reruns, which means it’s time to binge all of the shows you meant to watch, but were too busy to keep up with during the regular season. In fact, there was a survey done across the nation to determine the most binge-watched shows per state, and Shameless and Stranger Things took the crown for viewers across the DMV.
Since we’re so data-driven around here, the popularity of Stranger Things definitely makes sense, but we were surprised that Game of Thrones didn’t make the cut for our area. However, since it is the most watched show in HBO history, you probably watched it live and in real time, right?
If you wanna make streaming services and entertainment easy for everyone, check out this job at Comcast for a Product Engineer in Reston, Va.
Google is making money moves, and some of that money is coming to Northern Virginia. Loudoun County will be receiving $600M from the tech giant, which will include growth in STEM programming and tech centers. Google has plenty of jobs in the area, but check out this gig for a Manager of Government Affairs.
The Columbia Gateway is getting spruced up with cybersecurity, as more companies are bringing headquarters to the area. Real estate company COPT announced that INovex and Red Alpha will be moving to Columbia Gateway this fall. Jobs are linked to the company’s name, so be sure to click and check out those potential gigs!
Morgan State University has a new partnership with online education provider panOpen to bring more education opportunities to faculty, students and the Baltimore community.
- GiveCampus is looking for a rockstar Full Stack Engineer with deep expertise in Ruby/Ruby on Rails and a knowledge of all things front and back end.
- The Washington Post is hiring a Back-end Developer to work with its new data processing systems.
- You could create technical solutions for the government if you’re a good fit for this Back-end Software Engineer position at Nava.
- If you’re a great storyteller with chops in data analysis, Protenus is hiring a Sr. Data Scientist.
- SmartLogic is looking for a well-rounded Developer with experience across the entire tech stack.
- Can you describe why Akka and Cassandra are not just cool names? This Software Engineer gig at Asymmetrik might be the job for you.
- 14 West is seeking a Customer Success Associate.
- Airside Mobile is hiring an experienced Full-stack Developer to join its team.
- Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Data Scientist to join its team of engineers working on a custom hiring and talent mapping app.
- DjangoForce has an opportunity for a Senior Developer to work on macOS applications.
- Abundant-Minds is hiring a Sales and Marketing Specialist.
- SOCi has a social media Saas platform in need of a Front End Developer to help take it to the next level.
There’s a quote from Shameless that puts the need for money into perspective:
“I always fantasized about having enough money to stock up on toilet paper.”
We can’t help with the toilet tissue, but we got you covered for jobs. Check out our jobs page at any time, and until next time, stay winning!-30-
Competition or opportunity: Here’s how Virginia tech execs feel about Amazon HQ2 coming to NoVa
This Week in Jobs: Bei Bei Goes Home Edition
On the Market: Surefire Local is looking for a partner marketing director
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
This Week in Jobs: Kanye Farms Edition
This Week in Jobs: Monster Mash Edition
This Week in Jobs: Influencer Edition
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc