Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Pumped for Hump Day
Clear your calendar, polish your resume and firm up your handshake: NET/WORK finally arrives in Baltimore next Wednesday. Join us at The Assembly Room for the best tech job fair in town. Mingle with recruiters, connect with potential future colleagues, get pointers on your resume, and even buff up your LinkedIn profile or bio page with a fresh new headshot.
Here are the details — no necktie required:
- Where: The Assembly Room, 318-316 Guilford Ave. in Baltimore
- Wednesday, March 4
- 6 to 9 p.m.: Open networking, free headshots, resume reviews and more. Plus, starting at 8 p.m., happy hour with snacks and plenty more networking opportunities with fellow job-seekers, hiring organizations and students.
- Cost: General admission, $10; happy hour only, $5. And, hey, treat yourself to another beer by getting 25% off with the code “TWIJ” (you can thank us later).
- Buy tix
Here’s the rundown. And we know you know this, but do your research: Read up on the companies you’d like to meet, their bosses, their missions. Make an impression.
- 14West: “White-glove” mobile and web development
- Baltimore City Information and Technology: Engaging city departments, businesses and citizens to design, build and implement technology that creates a safe, thriving and smart city
- Clean.io: Meeting malvertising threats head-on with transformational technology that’s effective, smart and simple — protecting publishers’ revenue and safeguarding the consumer experience
- Flatiron School: Providing the skills, community, and immersive, outcomes-driven curriculum you need to launch a career in Software Engineering, Data Science, or UX/UI Design
- KNCTRR: The social side-hustle app helping you thrive in the gig economy — or, for providers, hire local, hire affordable and hire better
- Maryland Institute College of Art: Offering an innovative curriculum, state-of-the-art facilities and world-class faculty to support a single purpose: a no-holds-barred education and experience to build creative leaders for the 21st century
- MindStand Technologies: A safety management tool that detects online harassment, hate speech and other troubling behaviors
- NPower: Creating pathways to economic prosperity by launching digital careers for military veterans and young adults from underserved communities
- OneScreen Solutions: Video conferencing, presentation, and smartboard tools — all of your collaboration tools right here, all in one screen
- Ortus Academy: Empowering communities with financial intelligence, changing the way young adults and their families approach saving, spending, education, careers and entrepreneurship
- Rendia: Bridging the communication gap between doctors and patients to build better relationships and improve patient outcomes
- SmartLogic: Custom web and mobile application boutique
- Sonavi Labs: An innovative device and software company, rooted in artificial intelligence, focused on developing modern medical products that analyze body sounds for the diagnosis of diseases
- Truvelop: Team member evaluation and development that’s efficient and effective with the power to transform workplace performance and engagement
- UMBC Training: A premier provider of professional and technical training for individuals and organizations
- Vectorworks: Designing software that’s made to carry clients’ design-vision further
Get your tickets now and bring some friends! Use #NETWORK2020 when spreading the word on social.
And if you’re closer to the nation’s capital, be sure to save the date for NET/WORK D.C. coming March 24. Details and tickets here.
See you at NET/WORK!-30-
This Week in Jobs DMV: Healthy Glow Edition
This Week in Jobs: Point and Click Edition
This Week in Jobs: Masked Visitors Edition
5 tips for running a remote internship that helps both the student and the company
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore