Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition. Here’s the last one we published; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Birds of a Feather
Talk about a crowded communal living space.
Thousands of birds have flocked to an industrial chimney in the Hampden neighborhood in Baltimore. Each night at dusk they emerge to dine on tens of thousands of insects nearby — drawing as many as 100 people a night to watch the spectacle. Now, that’s the type of de-bugging that TWIJ can get behind.
Got an idea to help save the world from climate change? Exelon Corporation, a Fortune 100 that’s the country’s largest energy provider by revenue, is offering $20 million for seed-stage startups working on clean energy and environmental technology in D.C. and Baltimore, among other cities. Applications are due Oct. 25 and will be announced in December. Click the link to find out what kind of projects they’re looking to fund.
If you’re looking to learn to code but can’t leave your job, Nucamp is launching an affordable and flexible coding bootcamp in Baltimore. In Nucamp’s hybrid model, students complete their assignments online before meeting up in-person at workshops once a week. Course options range from a four-week beginner boot camp to advanced courses that cover front-end web, mobile development and full stack web. Everyone’s welcome: More than half of Nucamp’s students are women, and close to a third are minorities.
- What’s in your GitHub? Capital One is hiring a data scientist for a position it’s calling Senior Associate, Data Analytics – United Income. You’ll help organize data, uncover insights and conduct new research in the field of wealth management. Bonus if you have experience working with large datasets and writing SQL code.
- The College Board is more than just an alphabet soup of SATs, LSATs, GEDs and MCATs. Help the organization “reimagine digital experiences” as a Digital Product Manager, where you’ll focus on the end-to-end user journey by helping create experiences for each of the College Board’s audiences.
- Party on, Wayne. The party, meeting and event planning platform Social Tables, now a part of Cvent, is hiring an Account Manager to work on contract renewals, up-sells and cross-sells.
- LawIQ in Hunt Valley, which provides intelligence analytics, data and customer-driven research content for customers who own or invest in energy assets and markets in the energy and financial industries, is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Capital One in Bethesda is seeking a Salesforce Developer.
- 14 West in Baltimore is looking for an F5 Engineer.
- Try not to forget about this one: Polarity, which is developing “human memory augmentation software,” is hiring a DevOps Engineer. The company is hiring in Arlington, D.C. and for remote work.
- Amida Technology Solutions in Chantilly is hiring a Cyber Security Engineer.
- Ozmo, providing “actually good tech support,” is hiring a Product Designer in Blacksburg.
- The German ecommerce and shopware firm Signundsinn is hiring a Remote Web Developer.
- If you prefer to see the world from atop two wheels, VeoRide, which is introducing dockless pedal bikes, ebikes, escooters and more in cities across the U.S.is seeking a Remote iOS Software Engineer.
- ToGo, which develops online restaurant ordering software, is hiring a Remote Senior ASP.Net MVC Angular Developer. Extra forks and knives for you if you understand any of that job title.
That’s it! If you happen to hear chittering in your chimney, it’s probably just some birds — here at TWIJ we don’t chitter, but we are always here to help you spread your wings.-30-
Antenna systems company wants to bring 100 jobs to the Eastern Shore
Power Moves: Mike Kocorowski joins fast-growing Whitebox as CFO
This Week in Jobs: Bei Bei Goes Home Edition
How this lawyer is helping entrepreneurs bark up the right tree
This Week in Jobs: Monster Mash Edition
This Week in Jobs: Influencer Edition
Lyft is providing rides to job training, interviews
Get to know SmartLogic’s culture of plants, podcasts and productive client relationships
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore