(Photo by Alexandria Leggett)
Back in June, Technical.ly hosted “Help Plan Baltimore Innovation Week 2016” at Mt. Vernon Marketplace. We put our heads together (75 heads, to be precise) to brainstorm the best ways to improve #BIW16 (happening Sept. 23-Oct. 1). Attendees split into groups based on the week’s seven tracks (Creative, Dev, Civic, Access, Business, Media and Sciences) to bring their expertise to the table.
Here are a few ideas from the brainstorming session that have been activated since that summer night. (For a full list of ideas that came out of the event, check out our recap article.)
- On-theme public art on display during Baltimore Innovation Week.
- #Failfest for science: What researchers have learned from failure.
- Technical.ly’s Sciences Conference will be sure to touch on what’s not working within the science community. Explore Baltimore Sciences also promises many takeaways, including: What challenges are facing researchers, entrepreneurs and the institutions that support them?
- A “Solve-a-thon” that brings city government employees and the tech community together.
- Social Innovation Lab’s Impact Bootcamp has it covered.
- A look back at what successful startups have accomplished in the past five years.
- Check out the #BIW16 print mag for stories from Lead Reporter Stephen Babcock exploring the past and future of Baltimore’s leading startups.
- A developer conference that aims to create an app that helps an existing issue. Less talk, more doing.
- This sounds a lot like the Spark at Spark Hackathon.
Who knew the Baltimore community had so much to give? Spoiler alert: we did!
Get ready to celebrate the fifth annual Baltimore Innovation Week with these events and over 50 more. We’re only three weeks away! We’ll see you there.-30-
Events Roundup: Explore AI, hackathons and Beta City this September
Annapolis’ SIXGEN grabbed the win at DEFCON 27’s Capture the Flag
Take a first look at the events lined up for Baltimore Innovation Week 2019
Why two eminent Baltimore higher-ed institutions collaborated to create this unique dual degree program
Events Roundup: Talk cloud adoption with AWS and Verizon Media
UB, Loyola to cohost 2021 conference for global university biz center leaders
Super Meetup Baltimore expanded the network on a summer night
What Asymmetrik is doing to help lead healthcare’s digital transformation
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore