In May, Newark branding company BrandSwan held its first virtual event, “Turning Obstacles into Opportunities: Take your business from surviving to thriving,” focusing on topics to help small businesses navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. After attending several successful virtual events over the summer, BrandSwan cofounders Jenn Wells and Jane Clark will be hosting their second daylong event, “Reveal Your Inner Awesome,” on Friday, Nov. 13, this time on the event platform Remo instead of Zoom.
“We’ve been lucky enough to attend some really great events hosted by other organizations in the Delaware community,” Wells said. “Many are starting to appreciate and enjoy virtual events as much as, if not more than, in-person events. The capabilities of new online event platforms are so exciting and inspiring. It makes me feel, more than ever, that the future is now.”
“Reveal Your Inner Awesome,” which is also BrandSwan’s slogan, is geared for entrepreneurs and professionals from all kinds of industries as an interactive day of talks, workshops and panels covering topics like aligning passion with talent, branding and career pivots, as well as networking opportunities and a group meditation to end the day.
Panelists will include Technical.ly Delaware Lead Reporter Holly Quinn (hey!), who will discuss personal career transitions as part of the panel “Career Pivots: What If Your Passion Changes?” at 2 p.m.
Kicking off at 10 a.m., the day will include:
- A keynote on branding by Clark
- The presentation “Let Your Talent Lead You to Your Passion” by Tonya Baynes, CEO of Tonya Baynes Coaching
- A talk by Adina Tovell, chief curiosity officer at “Courage to Be Curious: The One Question That Will Change Your Life”
- The panel “How Branding Authenticity Leads to Success,” with Traci Manza Murphy (founder and frimary voice of Brandywine Buzz and executive director at Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence), Jean Milfort (owner of JSM Transport and Aras Furniture Rentals) and Brooke Miles (president of Delaware Shoutout); moderated by Towanda Livingston (chief business strategist of Livingston Worx)
- The panel “Career Pivots: What If Your Passion Changes?” with this reporter, plus Ashley Dixon (communications marketing manager at Amazon Web Services and owner of A+A Communications Group) and Lee Burstein (CEO at Dynamic Systems); moderated by Wells
- Interactive workshop “Don’t Let Stress Interfere With Your Awesome” with trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness facilitator Emily Dougherty
- The talk “Momentous Life by Design” by Malaika Simmons, performance mindset expert, TEDx speaker and creator of The Momentology Method
- In-event games and door prizes
- Resource roundup
“We are surrounded by amazing entrepreneurs and business professionals doing awesome things but they don’t realize it,” Clark said. “I really hope our attendees leave their struggles at the virtual door: imposter syndrome, self-doubt, and constant obstacles that chip away at all our self-esteems.”
Tickets for the “Reveal Your Inner Awesome” event are $35 (additional tickets $30).