The third annual Philly Tech Week Presented by AT&T was a little overwhelming in its growth.
With nearly 20,000 attendees (almost double last year’s number), close to 200 partners and sponsors and 110 events, we’re happy to call this year’s event another success for the Philadelphia technology community.
With the help of the Grandest Game of Pong on the Planet, Philly Tech Week was put in the national and international spotlight (see our media wrap here and photos here), highlighting the amazing value and potential of Philadelphia as a place to live, work, learn and create.
Just a few of the exciting happenings during PTW13 included:
- The world’s largest video game! ph.ly/pong See the video here.
- Philadelphia was the global host of the NASA Space Apps challenge
- Questlove gave a one-hour on-stage interview as part of a Future of Music event
- The social entrepreneurship conversation and stakeholder group grew
- The first ever Philly Student Startup Summit was held and introduces more than 150 undergraduates to the local technology community.
- With URBN, we hosted a major Mobile, Marketing and eCommerce event
- With Ben Franklin Technology Partners/SEP, we hosted a major State of Entrepreneurship and Investment event.
- EveryoneOn digital literacy campaign launches
- Developing Philly the web series on the technology scene was unveiled
- Startup Pitch night offered advice to new entrepreneurs
- Balloon Mapmaking taught aerial cartography
Please help us improve in 2014: we want to know about your experience at PTW13. Answer a few questions on our short survey here: ph.ly/ptw2013survey.
We’ll see you in 2014, if not sooner!
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.