RustBuilt Pittsburgh recently caught up with Daniela Osio, the founder and CEO of Kloopify. The startup’s mission is to help businesses grow their revenue while engaging in environmentally sustainable purchasing practices. In February, the 2022 RealLIST Startups honoree raised a $1.5 million seed round led by Black Tech Nation Ventures.
Osio is a former DuPont procurement, supply chain and risk management pro who in 2021 earned the Young Transform Award at the Transform Fest held by the Future Insights Network, a global network for supply chain engineers.
In Osio’s video Q&A, she answers questions including:
- How did you come to do this work and why is it so important to your personally?
- What was your lightbulb moment for Kloopify?
- What is the elevator pitch for Kloopify?
- Talk through your strategy in building a team around you.
- What has surprised you most about starting your own business?
- Talk through one of your daily rituals.
- What is a recent challenge you faced as an entrepreneur and how did you overcome it? What lessons did you take away from it?
- What does the next year look like for Kloopify?
- What is a key piece of advice you’ve received that you’d want to share with other founders?
- How can our regional startup community help your efforts?
We liked her answer to #5:
“What has surprised me most is other people’s willingness to support and encourage you, and provide any type of help that they can, especially in the Pittsburgh community,” she said. “When you talk about startups, you typically think about the New York and the Silicon Valley of the United States, but what I’ve noticed is, there is such a strong community here in Pittsburgh, and they are rooting for you, they want you to win. And this is not just from a business perspective, but Pittsburgh in particular wants to see someone like me and a company like Kloopify really change the landscape when it comes to startups and starting your own businesses.”
Watch it here:
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.