Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- Comcast-NBC Deal Wins Federal Approval [Media Decoder: New York Times] — As we shared this week, paving the way for deal closure by month’s end.
- Comcast and NBC venture approved with bevvy of conditions [Washington Post] — Post Tech also did a round up of meaningful perspective on the approval.
- Comcast-NBC Deal: What’s Next? [Deal Journal: Wall Street Journal]
- Comcast’s Biggest Regulatory Win? What The FCC And DOJ Didn’t Do [paidContent] — David L. Cohen claims eight substantive victories H/T PTN
- Senator Al Franken: No joke, Comcast trying to whack Netflix [ars technica]
- Level 3 May Test FCC ‘Open Internet’ Rules In Comcast Fight [Multichannel News] — “Level 3 Communications could mount the first major challenge under the Federal Communications Commission’s recently adopted network neutrality rules, as the Internet backbone provider continues to accuse Comcast of improperly demanding payment to deliver content.”
- Comcast invests in online publishing consultant [Philadelphia Business Journal] — “Comcast Interactive Capital has led a $9 million, fourth-round venture-capital financing of Perfect Market Inc., a Pasadena, Calif., company that helps publishers make more money from their online content.”
- A Digital Niche for Indie Film [Media Decoder: New York Times] — Comcast invests in an indie film distribution company
- NBC-Comcast Merger Approved: What It Means For You [Wonkette] — Slightly NSFW, but worth a chuckle.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.