Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Comcast Tangled in Discrimination Suit [BET] — “Several of the company’s black employees in Chicago say that they were required to install defective and insect-infested equipment in customers’ homes. ” More from the Chicago Tribune here. Officially, the company denies the allegations.
- Key NBC executive Marc Graboff to leave the network [Company Town: LA Times] — “Marc Graboff, president of NBC’s West Coast business operations and the TV network’s longtime consigliere, is leaving the company” after diminishing role, following Comcast’s takeover.
- Q&A: How Comcast is adjusting to our changing TV habits [GeekWire] — “Interview with Tom Blaxland, senior director of product management for Comcast Interactive Media” says Philly Tech News
- Comcast gives CFO Angelakis new contract, title [Philadelphia Business Journal] — “Michael J. Angelakis that promotes him from executive vice president and chief financial officer to vice chairman and CFO.”
- Comcast goes full-footprint with Dory gateway [CED Magazine]
- NBC News announces changes to technology, social media staff [Poynter]
- Please Turn On Your Cell Phone: Comcast’s Fandango Embraces Mobile Movie Tickets [Mashable]
- ‘Tis The Season for Another Comcast Rate Hike
Comcast Rings in New Year With Significant Increases [Broadband Reports]
- Comcast Gets Ready for CCAP [Light Reading Cable] — H/T Philly Tech News
- Comcast’s metro E service easy as 1, 2, 3 [CED Magazine]
- In the Know: Is weather radar broken promise from Comcast? [NaplesNews.com] — People in Southwest Florida want their weather channel back
- Watch a Sneak Preview of “The Comcast Holiday Spectacular 2011” [Comcast blog] — Video below