Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Last week brought a “Rugrats” reboot, a “Friends” reunion, and the release of a “101 Dalmatians” spinoff. Even in today’s world of reboots and remakes, this feels like a lot.
But hey, who doesn’t love a good nostalgia play? While we’re at it, let’s bring back business cards, paper resumes and power suits.
… Or not. Some things stay in the past for a reason. But, let’s look to the future with this week’s jobs.
Wabtec announces the world’s first 100% battery-powered, heavy-haul locomotive that is said to reduce a train’s fuel use by 11%.
“Automobile row” in Shadyside is transforming into a $330 million biomedical research hub with the help of the University of Pittsburgh.
A grant is helping Healthy Ride bring electric-assist bikes to its already growing fleet.
- CivicScience is hiring a Senior Data Engineer.
- Bosch is looking for an Associate Software Engineer for the Android and IoT team.
- Randstad is seeking a Java API Developer.
- Have an eye for innovation? Tobii Dynavox is on the lookout for a Lead Software Engineer to work in eye tracking and speech generating devices.
- Accenture is searching for a UI/UX Designer.
- Lead IT for the City of Pittsburgh as the Director of Innovation & Performance.
- Humana wants to bring on a Lead Solution Architect.
- Bring essential utilities to the city. Essential Utilities is seeking an experienced Security Analyst with a focus on SAP Security and GRC functions.
- BNY Mellon is hiring a Software Engineer.
- Love data and predictive analytics? Robert Half is searching for a Data Scientist.
- Deeplocal is looking for a Creative Producer of Interactive Experiences.
- Help pave the way for the driverless car. Aurora needs an IT Project Manager.
- Duolingo is on the lookout for a Machine Learning Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- cloudtamer.io is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
- Join Crossbeam’s growing platform as a Customer Success Specialist.
- Avature is hiring a Backend Software Engineer for the DevOps team.
Enjoy a reboot of your choosing, and we’ll catch you next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
Knowledge is power!
Subscribe for free today and stay up to date with news and tips you need to grow your career and connect with our vibrant tech community.