Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”). Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
Paving His Own Path
Many times in life, we’re aware of a major issue that we need to address. Out of fear or anxiety, a natural response is to downplay or outright ignore the issue. But normally, the best way to move past these things is to face them head on.
That’s what University of Maryland football coach Mike Locksley did recently when he became frustrated with the lack of coaches of color getting opportunities to coach. Locksley created the National Coalition of Minority Football Coaches last year, aiming to provide resources and networking opportunities for underrepresented coaches of all levels.
Though the issue won’t be completely resolved with this coalition, Locksley is making a significant impact by attacking the problem directly. The next time you’re concerned about issues regarding your resume or employment, be sure to address those issues headfirst.
Technical.ly wants your feedback: Take our community survey to help us better meet your local tech info needs. As thanks, we’re picking a handful of survey takers to win a $50 gift card or a signed copy of Guy Raz’s book, “How I Built This.”
Curious what’s new in Western Pennsylvania’s tech scene? Subscribe to Technical.ly’s Pittsburgh daily newsletter.
Find out which companies from the DMV made it on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list.
Owings Mills-based Reference Hive provides a web platform for people to build online profiles in order to facilitate the hiring process for individuals and employers alike.
Following a recent $1.6 million round of funding backed by Serena Williams, digital health company HUED aims to improve healthcare access and quality for Black and Latinx individuals.
Check out these six resources that are helping Baltimore adults get their GEDs and prepare for their careers.
- Mapbox is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer for its Telemetry team.
- FiscalNote is searching for a Principal DevOps Engineer.
- Great Minds is bringing on a Software Engineer.
- Impact Hub Baltimore is on the lookout for an Empower Program Manager.
- cloudtamer.io needs a Support Engineer.
- Interested in using code to connect retailers and suppliers? LePrix is hiring a Full Stack Laravel Engineer.
- Axios is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer.
- Consumer finance company West Creek Financial is searching for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
- Interested in identity verification technology? Join ID.me as a Senior Platform Engineer.
- Wunderdogs is looking for a WordPress Developer.
- Clean energy tech company Inspire is hiring a Senior Data Engineer.
- Crossbeam is bringing on a Senior Front End Engineer.
- Do Software as a Service platforms intrigue you? AKTEK is seeking a Full Stack Developer.
We’ll huddle up again next week.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.