Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Trying to stay cool these warm summer nights?
While it may not look very cool, apparently donning socks before bed can lead to cooler nights.
It may sound counterintuitive, but wearing socks to bed can actually help lower your body temperature, helping you cool down and fall asleep faster.
So, stop tossing and turning, throw on some novelty socks, and start dreaming of better days.
Ask them anything! To explore better corporate diversity, equity and inclusion practices, Technical.ly is hosting a Slack AMA with DEI experts John Foster and Sam Chenkin. Log in Friday for this live, community-driven event.
Resilient Coders, a free virtual coding bootcamp focused on equity, is expanding to Pittsburgh this July.
With its data modeling simulator, Epistemix is helping employers safely reopen offices across the country.
- Get trucking! Autonomous trucking startup Locomotion is hiring for a variety of roles, including Radar Application Engineer and Staff Robotics Software Engineer.
- NetBeez is searching for a Sales Engineer.
- Join the team making food waste obsolete: 412 Food Rescue is seeking a Data & BI Analyst.
- The Heinz History Center wants a Digital Solutions Coordinator to join its team.
- Ready to head back to school? Winchester Thurston School is looking for a Technology Support Professional.
- Randstad wants to bring on a Software Developer / Programmer 1.
- Join an industry part of Pittsburgh’s past, present, and future. U.S. Steel is hiring an IT Business Analyst.
- Aethon is seeking a Software Engineer for Robot Software Support.
- Trying for Tartan? Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute’s Engineering Intelligent Software Systems team is on the lookout for a Senior Software Architect.
- BNY Mellon wants a Senior Specialist with a focus on C# and .Net.
- Passionate about sensors, AI, and Machine Learning? Apple is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the Machine Intelligence Sensing Team.
- Aurora is bringing on a Cloud Security Engineer.
- Help others find the job of their dreams. Hiring platform Jazz HR is looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
The Remote Jobs
- Oncora is hiring a Software Engineer (Full Stack).
- Join Nira as a Software Engineer working in Distributed Systems and Big Data.
Stay cool, even if you don’t look very cool. Rest up, and we’ll see you again real soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.