(Gif via Giphy.com)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
In terms of annual events or holidays, “springing forward” into Daylight Savings Time is pretty meh. There are no parades, time off, or even a small gifting tradition.
However, you can guarantee that the fateful Sunday will throw you for a loop, confusing you to no end when you realize your phone automatically updates, but you’ve been an hour late to everything because you haven’t changed the clock in your car.
While there have been campaigns to abolish the biannual hour change and some states don’t even observe it, it seems to be one of those quirks that’s here to stay — like gifting fruitcakes or writing the traditional cover letter. Try as you may resist, you’re probably going to have to change your clock (and spellcheck that letter!).
Now, let’s spring forward to this week’s jobs.
It’s the hiring event of the season, and you don’t even need to leave your house to attend — Technical.ly’s virtual NET/WORK job fair returns. Take a look at who’s hiring, learn more about some of the companies, then join us for free this Thursday, March 18.
Data science startup CivicScience launched its podcast “Dumbest Guy in the Room,” and discussed the future of sports in an interview with Mark Cuban.
Edtech company Digital Dream Labs announced plans to relaunch now-defunct Anki’s robotics toys after the Pittsburgh startup bought its Anki’s IP.
- OneValley is hiring a General Manager to help support entrepreneurs and startups in the community.
- Attention creative thinkers and problem solvers! Deeplocal is looking for a Senior Creative Technologist with a software engineering background to join its team.
- Astrata Inc is seeking a Software Engineer with expert knowledge in Java.
- Cybersecurity is a team sport, says Argo AI, and the self-driving company is searching for a Technical Director to lead the team.
- Schell Games is on the lookout for a Senior Engineering Team Lead to help make gaming educational and fun.
- Project managers, brush off your Scrum Master caps! Niche is hiring a Software Development Project Manager.
- Expii wants to change the future of learning with online education tools, and the team is looking for a Marketing and Business Development Specialist to help make it happen.
- Help improve the recruiting experience as a Software Engineer at JazzHR.
- Marinus Analytics is using big data to combat human trafficking, and the startup needs a Machine Learning Researcher to further its mission.
- Looking for an entry-level opportunity? Astrobotics is searching for a DevOps Engineer just starting their career.
- YinzCam is seeking a Senior Software Developer (iOS) to bring its sports mobile applications to life.
- Help save lives with software. Treatspace is hiring a Web Designer/Developer.
- Gridwise is looking for a Software Engineer (React Native) to join its mobile development team.
The Remote Jobs
(Note: All of these companies, and more, are attending NET/WORK on March 18.)
- Crossbeam is hiring a Full Stack Engineer.
- Help Guru improve its onboarding process as its People Operations Generalist.
- Chariot Solutions is seeking a Senior iOS Developer.
- Do good while creating state-of-the-art geospatial software. B Corp Azavea is looking for a User Experience Designer.
- cloudtamer.io wants a Senior Software Developer.
Don’t forget to change the clock on your oven, unless you never changed it last fall, and we’ll see you again soon.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Birdwatching
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Stuck
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Practice Your Elbow Bump
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Seasonal Slobbery
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh