(Technical.ly file image)
Hi! You’re reading the Pittsburgh edition of This Week in Jobs (TWIJ), a weekly newsletter written by our team at Technical.ly in partnership with InnovatePGH and the Pittsburgh Innovation District. Each week we put together for you a slate of news and fresh job opportunities in the ‘burgh. If you’re not already subscribed, you can do so here.
Let’s face it, we need to be entertained these days, and it’s not easy to pump out new content for TV studios while social distancing. Yet the heroes at “Supermarket Sweep” did just that, shooting episodes of the reboot last spring in order to give us joy and stocked-shelf drama in time for the fall season.
Producers found food and products when supply chains were interrupted; “Saturday Night Live” alumna Leslie Jones hosted an entire season in just 10 days. This is dedication, people. At TWIJ, we know it’s that kind of determination to succeed you want in an employer. You expect high-ticket job postings, and we have ‘em. You’ll want to throw these opportunities in your cart immediately.
A new season of Off the Sidelines dropped Monday, a podcast from Technical.ly aimed at taking the mystery out of startup investing. The new season focuses on how systems and investment institutions are responding to a changing world. Listen to the first episode and subscribe here.
You’ve seen the AV cars buzzing around town and the office buildings popping up all over the Strip District, but what’s really going on in Pittsburgh’s AV industry? Technical.ly takes a look at where AV developers see the technology going today.
Another win for life sciences in Pittsburgh: The National Institutes of Health awarded Carnegie Mellon University researchers $10 million in funding to study the structure of the cell nucleus and how it impacts health and disease.
The Local Jobs
- Motional is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to guide its motion planning software architecture and design.
- Behaivior is searching for a Senior Software Developer to help people in recovery from addictions.
- Mold the next generation as an After-School STEM Educator at the YMCA Greater Pittsburgh.
- Get a job helping others get jobs as Software Engineer at JazzHR.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods needs a .NET Software Engineer.
- Carnegie Mellon University is looking for a Software Engineer to help develop a new patented mixed-reality educational system.
- BNY Mellon is hiring a Principal to assist in its Compliance Testing program.
- General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Junior Software Engineer.
- Attain is looking to take on a new Chief IT Engineer/Architect.
- Bounteous has an opening for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect.
- OpenArc needs a Full Stack Developer to join its IT Applications team.
- New graduates: Duolingo is hiring a Machine Learning Engineer.
- Microsoft is hiring a Senior Software Developer to work on its Avere filesystem team in Azure Storage.
The Remote Jobs
- cloudtamer.io is looking for an experienced Remote Senior Software Engineer.
- Become Academica Virtual Education’s next Remote Full Stack C# .NET Developer.
- Planit Advertising, Inc. wants a Remote Digital Marketing Analyst to join its team.
Paper or plastic, that’s it for us this week. Stay tuned for next week’s TWIJ, which will have a whole new set of jobs, as always.
If you want to check on new jobs in the mid-Atlantic region, go ahead and sift through Technical.ly’s jobs board any time. See you next week.
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Globetrotter Vibes
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: History Making
This Week in Jobs Pittsburgh: Abra Cadabra!
How will COVID-19 change tech hiring in Pittsburgh?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Pittsburgh