Editor’s Note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ (“twidge”) here at Technical.ly HQ). Below is this week’s edition. (Here’s the last one we published on the site (it’s meant to live in your inbox).)
Thanks! — @zackseward
“It’s The Humidity!”
We’re in the dog days of summer, folks. Just livin’ for those heavenly bursts of AC as we navigate the heat waves, bravely fighting frizz and face sweat with showers that just won’t “take.” Everything has seemed to melt, including your motivation.
Well, Business Insider’s article ranking all of Tom Cruise’s movies is a great reminder that when things are slow, taking stock of your career can be a good use of your time. Where have you been? Where do you want to go? When should you finally stop making Mission: Impossible movies? At what point did you go from heartthrob to legitimate weirdo?
Or, you know, whatever fits your personal situation. Get to it!
Say goodbye to your paychecks, sports fans. As more and more states legalize sports gambling, venture capital firm SeventySix Capital just placed a big bet on sports tech by investing in the Vegas Stats & Information Network (VSiN). The network plans to be the ESPN of sports betting, offering gamblers live access to tips and stats on the gaming industry, 24/7. Knowing what this might do to Philly sports fans, perhaps you want to invest in a good career before betting on your beloved Eagles? Or not. We’re not your mom. But if we were, we’d warn you that money doesn’t grow on trees. But do what you want. Just do us a favor and take a look at the opportunities at SeventySix Capital. We’re not nagging, we just want what’s best for you.
And finally, this week Vanguard gave us the low-down on what it’s like to work at the investment company. Vanguard — hiring in all areas — keeps your heart, mind and body moving with an emphasis on volunteering, a fast-paced, agile work environment and an on-site gym. Basically, it’s a sloth’s worst nightmare. Which is irrelevant to everyone except actress Kristen Bell.
Giddy up, marketing pros:
- Mobile content provider ReachMobi is looking to hire a Content Studio Leaderwith a work hard/play hard mentality who knows how to buy media and grow an audience.
- Printfly is hiring a Paid Search Specialist who is “always asking why.” But not like a toddler. Use your judgement.
- Deacom is seeking a Creative Marketing Writer to produce long- and short-form content to market its ERP software. No. 1 skill required: “the ability to write well.” So make sure that resume be good.
Operations and PMs, you’re up:
- Technically Media isn’t just looking for any ol’ Events Coordinator, it’s looking for the sauce to its pizza. Are you the sauce? Be the sauce.
- Engine Room is hiring a Project Manager to help it build and secure web sites and mobile applications.
- WebLinc is seeking a Senior Agile Project Manager with a strong work ethic and a sense of humor to implement its in-house ecommerce platform, Workarea. Love of dogs and axe-throwing a plus.
Mid-Atlantic peeps, these are for you:
- Baltimore information security company Terbium Labs is hiring an IT Specialist to aid in its mission to “protect organizations from relentless attempts to steal data for personal, monetary, or political gain.” With a trailer that good, we can’t wait to see the movie.
- Barkly — a growth-stage startup in Brooklyn dedicated to improving the lives of pet owners and their furry loved ones — is looking for a Senior Full-stack JS Developer, React/React Native and Node.js.
- Nava — a civtech firm in D.C. — is hiring an Experienced Software Engineer.
- Biddable Media Manager, ReachMobi
- Technical Product Specialist LeanSentry
- Technical Lead Full-stack, Vanguard
- Senior Manager, Digital Product Design, RevZilla
- Account Executive — US Region, BidEnergy
Here’s wishing you a week filled with promising job opportunities, powerful air conditioning and deodorant capable of battling 95 degrees with 90% humidity.-30-
This Week in Jobs: Take your job hunt to the great outdoors
This Week in Jobs: Like Disney World for tech lovers
This Week in Jobs: Get pumped for a new J.O.B. while bingeing on GoT
Why Deacom’s team prioritizes collaboration and continuous improvement
This Week in Jobs: Career planning, Marie Kondo-style
This Week in Jobs: Recognition for women in tech, jobs for all
This Week in Jobs: The Blockbuster of career newsletters
Engineers have Vistar Media’s Philly office all to themselves
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia