(Photo by Matthew Albasi)
These Philly talks need your help.
If they get enough votes in the South by Southwest annual Panel Picker, big names like Mayor Michael Nutter and schools Superintendent William Hite will be heading to Austin.
But hurry! The deadline is the end of the day today. (Well, the end of the day today in the Central Time Zone.)
Here are the six Philly-related talks we could find. If we missed you, let us know in the comments.
- Real Talk About Civic Tech: “Does civic tech produce more responsive governments and stronger communities? Or does it widen the gap between the digital haves and have-nots?” Featuring Mayor Michael Nutter.
- Innovation In Challenging Circumstances: “Philadelphia’s schools face financial & academic challenges that threaten their very existence. […] We will discuss the transformation approaches in Philly & explore how to accelerate innovation in challenging environments.” Featuring Superintendent William Hite, Bobbi Kurshan from the Penn Graduate School for Education and others.
- Thank you Mr. Gutenberg, but we’ve moved on: “In September 2013, we opened our flagship high school in Philadelphia and said goodbye to textbooks, went paperless, and hello to iTunes U and iPad. […] Learn how we did it, how to scale and let’s build courses together.” Featuring Christine DiPaulo of String Theory Schools.
- The UX Utopia: Creating Design-Focused Culture: “Through this session, I’ll talk about my experiences creating a company culture focused on and excited by design and user experience that all parts of the organization are able to embrace.” Featuring Mike Tedeschi of Azavea and design firm Interactive Mechanics.
- Agile Filmmaking: A New Approach for Small Crews: “By contrasting the conventional, waterfall-style production workflows for video production with the agile approach they adapted for Developing Philly, Mo and Dave will offer a new approach that is a good fit for small crews that want to move swiftly and flexibly through the maze that is modern filmmaking.” Featuring David Dylan Thomas and Maurice Gaston of the documentary Developing Philly.
Philly will host an inaugural pharma conference next month
Super Meetup 2019 is happening at Cherry Street Pier on Thursday, Aug. 22
What’s your stack? Tell us for Tech Stacks Month
Why Linode sent this manager to Mumbai for 7 months
A conference dedicated to increasing diversity in data science is coming to CHOP
10 homegrown podcasts to check out at next month’s Philly Pod Fest
B. PHL claims to be the ‘first’ citywide innovation festival. But is it?
This financial services firm offers global opportunity in the heart of Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia