There are more than 110 events on the calendar for the fourth annual Philly Tech Week 2014 presented by AT&T (April 4-12). That’s overwhelming. So with just 9 days until it all goes down, we’ll be sharing the calendar from one of our team members to give you a sense of where you might want to be.
If you’re interested in the arts with beer and marketing on the side, you should follow our new Business Manager.
NAME: Peter Erickson
OCCUPATION: Technical.ly Business Manager
INTERESTS: art, beer, machines and marketing
- Thurs. April 3 from 3pm to 4:30pm: City Council hearing on the Creative Class— I hang out with a lot creative folks, so I’d like to hear what the city council has to say.
- Friday, April 4 from 8:30am to 3pm: Philly Robotics Expo — Robots are cool, and may rule the earth one day. It’s better make friends now.
- Friday, April 4 from 7pm to 10:30pm — Arcade @ the Oval — This is one of this things where you can say you were there when it happened.
- Saturday, April 5 from 11am to 6:30pm — Dev Day — I may just learn the secret code.
- Saturday, April 5 from 4pm to 6pm — Machining for makers: practical subtractive prototyping — See what happens when you tell machines to cut things for you.
- Sunday, April 6, 2pm – 6pm — Chevy Innovation Tour — Because when else can you be chauffeured around Philly’s hottest innovation hubs?
- Monday, April 7 12pm – 2pm — Economic impact of the technology sector: a roundtable — Wrap your mind around hyperlocal macro-economics.
- Monday, April 7, 3pm – 5pm — Philadelphia: A civic fusion reactor, presented by OpenAccessPHL — One part technology, one part entrepreneurship. Mix it with a civic-focus. That’s innovative fusion my friend.
- Tuesday April 8, 11:30am – 12:30pm — PR for startups — Learn what to say, how, why, when, and where
- Tuesday April 8, 2pm – 3pm — The future of Digital Marketing — Never before has the world been so inter-connected.
- Wednesday, April 9, 2:30pm – 5:00pm — #failfest: a conversation in failure — We are not doomed to repeat history.
- Wednesday, April 9, 6pm – 8pm — #bgbrewery beer + tech happy hour: presentation + tasting –Take a load off, and imagine a day when beer will brew itself.
- Thurs April 10, 8am – 10am — City of Brotherly bandwidth — We’re all in this together!
- Friday April 11 — 8am – 10am — Tech Hiring & Recruiting Workshop — I have a job in tech, and you can too!
- Friday April 11, 10:30am – 12pm — A side of tech: how technology influences local food practices — Think locally. Act globally.
- Friday April 11, 2pm – 6pm — N3rd Street BBQ — With the N3rd Street corridor growing as an Old City/Northern Liberties anchor to the region, I’m interested in where it goes from here.
- Friday April 11, 7pm – 10pm — Signature event — All 6 Philly Tech Week tracks converge into one beautiful rainbow that is a cocktail party with local tech to play with.
It’s official: Tetris on the Cira Centre named world’s largest videogame
Philly Tech Week 2014 presented by AT&T media roundup
Watch City Council hearing about IT business competitiveness
Why Linode sent this manager to Mumbai for 7 months
‘Gray hair does not mean senile’: how seniors fit into digital access
Cira Centre Tetris media coverage: 200+ links for Philly Tech Week kickoff
‘Don’t take dumb money’: Mobiquity cofounder Scott Snyder
This financial services firm offers global opportunity in the heart of Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia