Listen to presentations on Philadelphia’s economy and you’re due for two big themes: its manufacturing past and its knowledge-driven future, highlighted by a battle to attract and retain new innovators.
That rang true across nine lightning talks at an economy-focused State of Young Philadelphia event, as organized by decade-old, civic-minded nonprofit Young Involved Philadelphia in the basement of the Kimmel Center Thursday.
Check some takeaways and slides from the event, attended by some 30 for another in the installment of the wide-ranging, annual event series.
- Josh Sevin – Economy League of Philadelphia [SLIDES]
- Stephanie Waller – JOIN [PDF slides download]
- Ryan Bailey – Fairmount CDC [PDF slides download]
- Kate Rivera – KEYSPOT/Urban Affairs Coalition [SLIDES]
- Chris Wink – Technically Philly [SLIDES]
- Bryan Evans – Select Greater Philadelphia [PDF slides download]
- Elizabeth Pretz – Science Center [PDF slides download]
- Rakia Reynolds – Skai Blue Media [PDF slides download]
- Deborah Diamond – Campus Philly [PDF slides download]
CCP is hosting a conference on the connection between video games and academics
On building a successful data team
A guide for attending Klein News Innovation Camp this Saturday, Nov. 16
How ShopRunner’s mentorship program is pushing its employees to think beyond their fields
TechGirlz will hold a summit ‘for girls, by girls’ in the spring
Events Roundup: 11 Philly-area tech gatherings to be thankful for this month
Hear from Kickstarter cofounder Yancey Strickler at Generocity’s ADVANCE conference on Nov. 1
How Relay is helping enterprise clients get proactive about customer engagement
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia