Listen to presentations on Philadelphia’s economy and you’re due for two big themes: its manufacturing past and its knowledge-driven future, highlighted by a battle to attract and retain new innovators.
That rang true across nine lightning talks at an economy-focused State of Young Philadelphia event, as organized by decade-old, civic-minded nonprofit Young Involved Philadelphia in the basement of the Kimmel Center Thursday.
Check some takeaways and slides from the event, attended by some 30 for another in the installment of the wide-ranging, annual event series.
- Josh Sevin – Economy League of Philadelphia [SLIDES]
- Stephanie Waller – JOIN [PDF slides download]
- Ryan Bailey – Fairmount CDC [PDF slides download]
- Kate Rivera – KEYSPOT/Urban Affairs Coalition [SLIDES]
- Chris Wink – Technically Philly [SLIDES]
- Bryan Evans – Select Greater Philadelphia [PDF slides download]
- Elizabeth Pretz – Science Center [PDF slides download]
- Rakia Reynolds – Skai Blue Media [PDF slides download]
- Deborah Diamond – Campus Philly [PDF slides download]
Nonprofits, need an app? MilkCrate is building 3 for free, thanks to this partnership
The newly digitized census count is coming on fast. Here’s what you need to know
14 digital performances you can still catch at 2019’s Fringe Festival
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
Women in data, heed this advice during salary negotiations
Philly’s Mini Maker Faire for local inventors and crafters returns this October
You’re invited to celebrate the Philly region’s Inc. 5000 honorees on Sept. 11
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia