Next Tuesday, Sept. 6 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Technically Philly and 215mag.com are hosting New Media Unplugged, something of a workshop and meet-and-greet with Philadelphia indie publishers. Consider it a slightly more evolved blogger meetup. It’s happening at the historic Sigma Sound, 212 N. 12th, just north of Race Street.
New Media Unplugged: indie publishers event
- Tues. Sept. 6
- 6-9 p.m.
- Sigma Sound Studios
- 212 N. 12th, north of Race Street
- RSVP here
- Free beer
Doors open at 6 p.m., at 6:30 p.m., we’ll highlight some of the coolest things happening in Philadelphia web communities and from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., we encourage everyone introduces herself to every other person in the room.
Among others, we’ll welcome a handful of Philly’s best talk about who they are and what they’ve learned:
- Generocity.org: David Raible, the executive director of the new nonprofit-focused niche news site will talk about its launching and plans for scale.
- NakedPhilly: Mr Fox will be in attendance to talk about his strategy for building a community.
- Geekadelphia: Co-founder Eric Smith will talk about the recent Philly Geek Awards and having success with events
- NEast Philly: Shannon McDonald, the founder of the Northeast hyperlocal, on helping partnerships with sites like Yahoo and hurting partnerships with coverage like the popular Right NEast/Wrong NEast feature.
- DrinkPhilly: Adam Schmidt, the president and founder of the popular nightlife news site will talk about building a business around news.
- Technically Philly: Co-founder Chris Wink, yes, this author, will talk about Philly Tech Week.
Little Giant Media, a sponsor of Philly Tech Week 2011, is working with Vitamin Water to host the event series.
Chamber of Commerce members feel slightly less sure about Philly’s biz economy heading into 2020
30 events are already lined up for Philly Tech Week 2020 (and more to come)
CES 2020: The future of mobility is bright (and electric)
How the history of Linode HQ inspires its employees
Events Roundup: 8 ways to start your 2020 on the right professional foot
Technical.ly is heading home for the holidays
Meet the winners of Philly’s 2019 Technical.ly Awards
When it comes to diversity, Vanguard puts its money where its mouth is
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia