Next Tuesday, Sept. 6 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Technically Philly and 215mag.com are hosting New Media Unplugged, something of a workshop and meet-and-greet with Philadelphia indie publishers. Consider it a slightly more evolved blogger meetup. It’s happening at the historic Sigma Sound, 212 N. 12th, just north of Race Street.
New Media Unplugged: indie publishers event
- Tues. Sept. 6
- 6-9 p.m.
- Sigma Sound Studios
- 212 N. 12th, north of Race Street
- RSVP here
- Free beer
Doors open at 6 p.m., at 6:30 p.m., we’ll highlight some of the coolest things happening in Philadelphia web communities and from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., we encourage everyone introduces herself to every other person in the room.
Among others, we’ll welcome a handful of Philly’s best talk about who they are and what they’ve learned:
- Generocity.org: David Raible, the executive director of the new nonprofit-focused niche news site will talk about its launching and plans for scale.
- NakedPhilly: Mr Fox will be in attendance to talk about his strategy for building a community.
- Geekadelphia: Co-founder Eric Smith will talk about the recent Philly Geek Awards and having success with events
- NEast Philly: Shannon McDonald, the founder of the Northeast hyperlocal, on helping partnerships with sites like Yahoo and hurting partnerships with coverage like the popular Right NEast/Wrong NEast feature.
- DrinkPhilly: Adam Schmidt, the president and founder of the popular nightlife news site will talk about building a business around news.
- Technically Philly: Co-founder Chris Wink, yes, this author, will talk about Philly Tech Week.
Little Giant Media, a sponsor of Philly Tech Week 2011, is working with Vitamin Water to host the event series.
10 Philly resources for technologists and entrepreneurs of color
Women in data, heed this advice during salary negotiations
Philly’s Mini Maker Faire for local inventors and crafters returns this October
7 biz resources we learned about at Super Meetup Philly 2019
NET/WORK is coming back to the Philly ‘burbs on Oct. 10
You can make a literal elevator pitch to Robin Hood Ventures investors
Events Roundup: Hear founder failures and learn to network better this September
Paid family leave adds to the perks at Chariot Solutions
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Philadelphia