About Indy Hall
Independents Hall, known colloquially as Indy Hall, is a coworking community founded in Old City Philadelphia.
In 2007, a group of mostly technical freelance workers first took up 2,000 square feet on tiny Strawberry Street off Market. They expanded in 2009 to 4,400 square feet on the second floor of 20 N. Third Street, later adding the first floor storefront space too.
In August 2016, the group moved to 399 Market Street, proudly boasting members in technical and artistic communities. Read this feature on their expansion.
The space and its membership have had an outsized impact on shaping coworking in Philadelphia and beyond, in addition to the local tech community.
Indy Hall was founded by former web designer Alex Hillman, who leads the organization, and design agency founder Geoff DiMasi. Several prominent Philly tech companies and technologists are alumni.
Technical.ly Coverage (119 posts)
- This Indy Hall exhibit wants to shine a light on the ‘less-visible’ aspects of design
- Here’s why Philly Dev Night changed its name to Philly Game Mechanics
- This fully distributed company with Philly roots announced a $2.5M seed round
- Try your hand at these 7-second games from Philly Dev Night
- Philly Dev Night has a new home at Indy Hall
- Geoff DiMasi wants to help founders feel ‘a little less alone’