About Indy Hall
Independents Hall, known colloquially as Indy Hall, is a coworking community founded in Old City Philadelphia.
In 2007, a group of mostly technical freelance workers first took up 2,000 square feet on tiny Strawberry Street off Market. They expanded in 2009 to 4,400 square feet on the second floor of 20 N. Third Street, later adding the first floor storefront space too.
In August 2016, the group moved to 399 Market Street, proudly boasting members in technical and artistic communities. Read this feature on their expansion.
The space and its membership have had an outsized impact on shaping coworking in Philadelphia and beyond, in addition to the local tech community.
Indy Hall was founded by former web designer Alex Hillman, who leads the organization, and design agency founder Geoff DiMasi. Several prominent Philly tech companies and technologists are alumni.
Technical.ly Coverage (127 posts)
- Finish that thing you’ve been putting off, and have fun doing it
- Why this tech-adjacent blood drive has been pumping strong for a decade
- Power Moves: IoT expert joins Microsoft, Indy Hall hires ‘tummler’
- Linode and Indy Hall are launching a N3rd Street breakfast meetup
- Help shine a light on women in the arts
- Meet the Phillytron, an old-timey arcade loaded with Philly-made videogames