(Photo by Ben Fournier)
Why not pull a Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and take a half day to brush up on your professional development? You know you want to.
We’re looking to get more university students and local founders involved in the Delaware tech community, so we’re offering free tickets for the Business Conference’s Lunch&Learn: Workshop Your Business event. If you’re not a founder or student, don’t worry: We have a general admission cost of just $25.
The event is one of over 20 happening as part of Delaware Innovation Week 2016 presented by 1313 Innovation from Nov. 11-19. This is the premier celebration of technology and entrepreneurship in the First State.
Our Lunch&Learn is taking place Monday, Nov. 14.
If you have a business idea, these hands-on, interactive workshops are a great place to start. You will learn how to refine your business plans with feedback that is specific to you. Oh, and did I mention, our topics are legit ? and we’re hooking you up with a free lunch.
Here are the topics for Lunch&Learn at #DIW16:
- Sales Planning with Frank DeSantis, New Castle County Chamber of Commerce
- You will learn how to understand and track sales activities and walk away with a 30-, 60- and 90-day Sales Activity Plan.
- Protecting your Ideas with Jim Lennon, Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- In this workshop you will learn how and why you should protect your intellectual property rights (we’re talkin’ patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets here).
- Fundraising with Revital Hirsch, Saul Ewing LLC
- How to identify potential investors, when to approach them and what you need in your arsenal for effective fundraising.
- Social Media & Digital Branding with Gaby Indellini, Greater Wilmington Convention and Visitors Bureau
- The social web is expanding, so make sure you and your business are looking their best and you are getting the most out of your social media profiles, websites and entire online presence.
- Enhancing your Company Culture with Nathaniel Measley, The Fun Dept.
- Learn from the experts at The Fun Dept. about how to create more opportunities to have fun in your work environment for all of the positive business-driven outcomes.
- How to Give a Perfect Pitch with Steve Boerner, HeliumIQ
- Figure out what sells you, how to do it, and then apply that mindset to the skill of raising capital or selling a product/service to the market.
Be sure to sign up for our Business Conference happy hour directly following Lunch&Learn while you’re at it!
Pitch the Press is heading to the WIN Factory
Open Play Game Night is coming to Wilmington on March 14
Tech Forum launches a rebrand and new event model for 2020
On nurturing Delaware’s creative economy
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Delaware