The three-month accelerator program guides participating founders through 24 sessions focused on a range of topics, taught by entrepreneurial mentors and subject-matter experts. Startups Ignite was launched in 2015 by startup entrepreneur Amu Fowler after she realized the lack of support for startup founders in the Reston area, Technical.ly DC previously reported.
The accelerator program’s summer cohort welcomed nine tech startups but only six of them presented at the program’s final celebration and demo day showcase on Oct. 16 at WeWork Apollo DC.
Here are the companies from the summer cohort, with descriptions from the Startup Ignite site:
- Blackbook: D.C.-based, provides a platform that decreases wait times and simplifies ordering for restaurants and bars.
- Catzenpup: Alexandria, Va.-based, provides an automatic wet food feeder for cat and dog owners to remotely monitor and feed their pets.
- CreativeDates: Baltimore, Md.-based, provides a platform for individuals planning an outing to find the perfect destination based on criteria they select.
- Gravatate: based in Reston, Va-based., provides a private communication network for intercompany and intracompany communications.
- Healith: D.C.-based, provides a platform that brings together the healthcare industry and its consumers to connect, collaborate, inform and innovate.
- IWriteRemotely: Upper Marlboro, Md.-based, provides a B2B marketplace for businesses to connect with freelance writers to source white label content for content marketing.
- OffWeGo: Alexandria, Va.-based, provides a platform that streamlines and bundles student travel.
- Skoolar: Fairfax, Va.-based, provides a platform for college students to build a profile and a reputation for employers.
- TeaTime Beauty: Reston, Va.-based, Providing an hypoallergenic, all natural and cruelty free beauty skin care products for people with sensitive skin.