These 10 entrepreneurs are the cream of the crop when it comes to developing exciting new products to make life easier for women and families.
This according to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), which named the finalists in its 2016 InnovateHER: Innovating for Women Business Challenge on Thursday. The finalists include everything from creators of underwear for those who have difficulty dressing to new tools for diagnosing early-stage breast cancer.
The 10 finalists were selected through a nationwide process of pitch competitions and business plan review that began in October 2015. After two local rounds, “the OpenTable for kids activities” — Activity Rocket — was sent on to represent the DMV area at the national semifinals.
While Activity Rocket did not make the final cut, the challenge is coming back to the District — a final pitch competition will be held here in March during the SBA’s InnovateHER summit. The finalists will compete for a total of $70,000 in prizes.
Here’s the full list of finalists:
- Dr. Agnes Scoville for Pacidose.
- Anna Daily for Melody — a new diagnostic for early-stage breast cancer.
- Jennifer Shipp for Knife Glider.
- Sascha Mayer for Mamava.
- Marissa Siebel-Siero for Tinker — “the first ever 3D product configurator in the wheelchair marketplace.”
- Susan Leary Shoemaker for Undercare.
- Cassandra Curtis for Once Upon a Farm — “quality, eco-friendly and nutritious baby food products.”
- Dr. Pu Wang for MarginPAT.
- Dawn Dickson for Flat out of Heels.
- Elizabeth Caven for UpCraft Club.
Please Assist Me wins again with $20K grand prize at 2019 Vinetta Project final
Stephanie Cummings of Please Assist Me wins big at the HERImpact DC pitch competition
Here are the finalists for the next HERImpact DC pitch competition
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
Here’s how Vinetta Project DC is supporting women founders in 2019
Registration is open for DC Startup Week 2019
Byte Back nabs $100K from a tech grant competition
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Dc