(Image by Jeanette Lloyd)
Are you on the hunt for a more (pick all that apply) exciting/profitable/challenging/mission-driven job?
Maybe you’re just curious as to what opportunities are out there for someone with your skill set?
What if you could meet face-to-face with hiring managers from local, national and Fortune 500 companies for $10, then unwind with them at a super-chill happy hour with the Brooklyn tech and startup community in the same spacious venue?
Enough with the leading questions because we have the answers: You can do all of this and more at NET/WORK Brooklyn, the borough’s largest, realest tech jobs fair. (Yes, the realest.)
It’s on Wednesday, April 5, from 6-9 p.m. at the CoLab-Factory.
But it’s so much more than just a jobs fair. Let us count the ways:
- Professional development workshops to enhance your chances of landing that gig you’ve always wanted.
- Professional headshots so you can scrap that weak selfie you took in front of a graffiti wall (nice try, though!).
- Resume reviewers from NYIT Career Services and Technically Media on hand to get your paper profile as tight as your hand shake.
Check out the agenda:
6:30-6:50 p.m. | Career Talk
- “Your Network = Your Networth” — with Bie Aweh (@allhailqueenbie), Career Developer at Dev Bootcamp | Get tips on how to leverage social media platforms to fully curate and promote your professional brand both online and in the real world. You’ll also become familiar with ways to become a star networker and get more value out of attending local meetups and events.
7:30-7:50 p.m. | Dev Talk
- “Leveling Up Your Tech Toolkit” — with Ryan Jafari (@devbootcamp), Campus Director at Dev Bootcamp | This workshop focuses on the tools and tips you need to know about to get to the “next level” as a developer, or a someone looking to transition into a career in tech. You’ll get an overview of the tech landscape, the importance of culture in job-readiness and a robust list of the learning resources, technologies and materials available to you in your quest for running New York like a boss.
8:00-9:00 p.m. | Happy Hour
- Grab a beer (if you’re 21!) and some snacks and network with fellow job seekers, students and hiring organizations!
So, bottom line, for $10 you get professional development opportunities, the chance to meet top employers and the people who make the hiring decisions. You’ll save a lot of time since there will be no need to draft a customized personal statement for each company you visit: You’ll be able to tell them why you wish to work for them, and you’ll have the chance to sell your (wonderful) self.
Our exhibitors send their managers to carry out on-site interviews. Don’t wait for someone to call you for an interview. Get your ticket for NET/WORK Brooklyn and give off a first impression that will make for a lasting career.
Enough chit chat. Here’s who will be there:
- Brooklyn Robot Foundry
- Cox Enterprises
- Dev Bootcamp
- JPMorgan Chase
- Small Planet
- The Yard
3 reasons why Ethereal NY is more than a blockchain conference
Algorave heads to Eyebeam *expanding galaxy brain*
3 ways blockchain technology could revolutionize the law
You can win up to $360,000 at the WeWork Creator Awards
Why you should consider Technical.ly’s new membership program
Brooklyn, NET/WORK 2018 is coming up and it’s got jobs
Watch musicians live-code music at Algorave
Explore how diverse teams build dynamic products with Dev Bootcamp
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly