(Photo by ZMB Media)
Broad trends have made hiring in the STEM fields one of the most competitive recruiting environments in recent memory. That’s why we published our ebook Beyond Recruiting last year. And that’s why we’re bringing together leaders in this space for an event focused on learning how to build a great team.
Join us for Beyond Recruiting on July 23 from 3:00-6:30 p.m. at brand-new coworking space Spark (8 Market Place, 3rd Floor) as we dive into the creative ways that companies are hiring tech talent.
You’ll hear from over five local leaders doing great work in hiring, training and retaining technologists in Baltimore. Topics include:
- Teaching New Tricks (training mid-career professionals)
- Networking IRL (getting out to great tech events)
- Opening New Digs (expanding small offices near talent)
- Worshiping Company Culture (building a “sticky” work environment)
- Getting the Word Out (content strategy about your company)
- Hanging with the Cool Kids (clustering your team near others)
In the tech era, companies in all industries will need to work harder and more creatively to attract, build and retain top-notch technical teams. If the belief is that technical needs will only grow over time, businesses should invest now in what their pipeline for talent will be.
This Week in Jobs: Poking Our Heads Out Edition
‘We’re all figuring it out as we go along’: Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian on what he learned from failure
This Week in Jobs: Ghosting Edition
Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian will speak at Johns Hopkins’ virtual commencement
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore