This year’s Baltimore Innovation Week is packed with awesome events. Whether you’re focused on business, software development, the arts, access issues or media, there’s a thought-provoking event for you.
However, there’s one standout event that affects everyone, no matter your interests.
Join us at our Economic Impact of the Technology Sector Roundtable to hear from the top civic leaders in the Baltimore region.
It’s informative, it’s insightful, it’s free.
Who you’ll hear from:
- State Sen. Bill Ferguson (D-Baltimore)
- Thibault Manekin, Seawall Development
- Baltimore City Councilman Nick Mosby
- Eliza Nevers, AOL/Advertising.com
- Moderator: Sheri Parks, University of Maryland
What they’ll talk about:
- Baltimore’s strengths and weaknesses regarding tech entrepreneurship.
- Open-data initiatives, business tax policy, ridesharing legislation and how it all affects the tech industry — and the region.
- The next steps needed to ensure Baltimore’s tech community continues to grow stronger.
- What you can do to make Baltimore better.
But wait, there’s more.
BIW14 Civic Track Day also includes #SocEnt Breakfast with speakers Decker Ngongang and Rodney Foxworth, as well as lunchtime roundtable Bridging the Gap: Connecting Cultural Institutions and Learners in the Digital Age.
All Civic Day events will be held at the University of Maryland BioPark.-30-
Our 5 most trafficked stories since #BIW14
Watch our Baltimore Innovation Week 2014 wrap video
Baltimore Innovation Week 2014: 50+ events, 100+ partners, 6K+ attendees
Tips for getting venture capital from those who know: investors
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore