Giving your parents a new gadget but want someone else to help them figure it out? Get free gadget help at the Free Library until Jan. 3.
The Free Library will have trained librarians on hand in the lobby of the Parkway Central Library (1901 Vine Street) to help Philadelphians navigate e-readers, smart phones, tablets and more. They can also help people access library resources like its more than 80,000 streaming or downloadable ebooks, more than 9,000 downloadable audiobooks and “150 unique databases that will help them learn a new language, research their family history, or undertake market research for a new business idea.”
Below, find the specific hours the librarians will be available. After that, the Help Desk is open every Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, December 26 (1:00 – 5:00 p.m.)
- Friday, December 27 (1:00 – 5:00 p.m.)
- Monday, December 30 (1:00 – 5:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, December 31 (10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, January 2 (1:00 – 5:00 p.m.)
- Friday, January 3 (1:00 – 5:00 p.m.).